Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over 300 sunny days making Texas an all season riding state. The most centerline highway miles in the nation at 79,645. If you can't find some road to either cruise, twist, or off road you're not looking.

Some people are challenged by The Dragon back east. Take a ride on I-35 in Dallas at rush hour and then you'll know what adventure riding is all about.

What say you? :yeahsmile::cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I would have to disagree with that. I'm from Texas but the weather and roads are much better in California..

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give you the weather, but only in SoCal. I love the SF Bay Area when the fog isn't hiding all the beauty.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Inside the DFW metroplex there are alot of pucker moments on these roads, North, South, East and west there are a lot of OHH WOW moments
+1 for Texas roads,, And yes I would like to ride on CA roads one day

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have to say the white mountains of NH and the Kangamangus highway have some awesome rides. Even going through Vermont in the northern part of the state has some amazing roads to offer.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'll give you the weather, but only in SoCal. I love the SF Bay Area when the fog isn't hiding all the beauty.
Oh, but the fog is beautiful when you're not stuck in the middle of it, and thankfully most of the best roads near by us are just outside SF where the fog is considerably less. Not to mention when we get those picture perfect days, we forget all about the cold, damp fog as we ride along the coast...

Another argument in favor of CA (especially SF Bay Area) vs. Texas...we can comfortably ride ATGATT year round. No need to deal with 100+ degrees F and full gear. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you are an off road rider I think just about anyplace South of Texas has far more opportunities than Texas.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
If you are an off road rider I think just about anyplace South of Texas has far more opportunities than Texas.
...or NORTH of Montana, Idaho and Washington...!

:clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts