Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the short of it is I like the V much better. Multi was vibey, wind screen was too close to my face, and the front end felt like the steering head bolt had fallen off, with an unsettling weaving motion under hard throttle on the freeway. I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. On the other hand, I remember the V felt absolutely right the first time I rode it, and it still does!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah I hear ya.... all we need really is a 1200cc / 150 HP version of the Versys (with the same weight). :)
I doubt it. Most people don't know what to do with 150 HP bolted to a 400 lbs. motorcycle on the street unless it's in a straight line (some, not even then ;)). And it never ends up being the same weight anyway... :rolleyes:

Gustavo

·
Registered
320 Posts
And the short of it is I like the V much better. Multi was vibey, wind screen was too close to my face, and the front end felt like the steering head bolt had fallen off, with an unsettling weaving motion under hard throttle on the freeway. I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. On the other hand, I remember the V felt absolutely right the first time I rode it, and it still does!
:dgi: That is a kick ass bike! The one I rode (S model) was WAY better than a Versys. I will concede that front end does feel less stiff than a Versys, and it is more nimble. But the POWER, brakes, Seat, Suspension, traction control, Looks, and general fit & finish are miles above the Versys. That will be my next bike for sure. – just mho

·
Registered
244 Posts
I saw the Multistrada compete at the Pikes Peak hill climb this year. Sounded bad ass at full tilt heading up the mountain. It also won its class. I would not mine owning one but am happy with my Versys......"Little Multistrada Junior":clap::D
Rik
"Dukawasati

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Guys that an Italian Ferrari. Its got its ups and down but worth owing one. For now the V is my close buddy.
:cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
A friend of mine use to ride Ducati's and had about 3-4 thru the years. When I started looking at street bikes, I liked their looks and talked to him about them.

When I started looking at maintenace costs, I liked the Versys even better :thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
probably if i replace the versys it will be with an Aprilia Shiver GT ABS when they are availabel in the states. But i traded in a Tiger 1050 for the V because the extra 60hp was getting me in trouble. Just don't need to be looking down and going 90+ without realizing it. And the Tiger kicks multistrada ass. If you think you want a multi, i suggest checking out a tiger first. awesome bike!

·
Registered
258 Posts
My brother owns one of the older Multis, and I have to say, except for power and brakes, the V wins, hands down.

BUT, the new Multi is a while different beast. Supposedly the maintence intervals are less, so that argument kind of dies away. And it has the multiple modes for the type of riding you are doing. I am curious to try one.

Honestly, I think a 1000cc twin version of the Versys with better brakes would be an amazing bike. Maybe use a bit larger of a front tire/wheel, and it should sell like hot cakes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
And the Tiger kicks multistrada ass.
you must be talking about the air-cooled Multi of yesteryear. or... you're probably the only person on earth with that opinion. triumph will answer, but for now they are a step or three behind.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did you ride the S Touring model down in Watkinsville? I rode it a few weeks ago. I thought it was well better than the V, but not worth all the extra trouble, money, travel, and question marks of a Duc., long term. I've also had a Tiger 1050. Whether or not it's better, depends on what you want. Such is usually true. Considering value, versatility, and fun, the V is really hard to beat for a practical public road bike.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:dgi: That is a kick ass bike! The one I rode (S model) was WAY better than a Versys. I will concede that front end does feel less stiff than a Versys, and it is more nimble. But the POWER, brakes, Seat, Suspension, traction control, Looks, and general fit & finish are miles above the Versys. That will be my next bike for sure. – just mho
I know I know, I just didn't like it. V gets my vote.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts