Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out putting around today and stopped by a local used vehicle place (lots of bikes), chatted with a young salesman and took a couple of bikes out for a test ride. The first was an 03 HD 883 Sporty. Nice and low but seemed kind of heavy (specs say 518 lbs). Sounded nice though. The second was a 17' Royal Enfield Classic (500 cc thumper). A blast from the past......I had a 69' BSA 441 Victor many moons ago and the Enfield was almost the same type ride (at least to the best of my recollection). Actually pretty smooth at highway speed (55) but pretty bad vibs getting up there. Just a nice day.........I think I'll keep the V a bit longer.

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
Took a ride on a old Royal Enfield and took a fall within 100meter as the gear shift and brake paddle were on the wrong side. That,s the story of my test ride. I think they has changed it now to Japanese standard.

Thanks for sharing and I too am keeping the versys as a trophy.:wink2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice, sounds like fun.

I admit to again longing to ride an ‘82 Honda CX 500. I had one for a couple of years and took it round France for a 2 week trip. Great bike for touring, and actually a great bike all around, cam chain and water pump issues aside!

I do miss her.
Dave

·
Registered
143 Posts
I haven't done a test ride in about a year now. I need to hit the Kawasaki demo days and test ride a new Versys to see how it compares to my 09.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
I recommend test riding a newer sportster when they went to rubber mounts for the engine.
They do feel heavy coming off the side stand but that goes away when riding.

Also, the new Royal Enfield Himalayan incorporates a counter balancer and is as smooth as any bike out there. I am loving the ride and simplicity of the machine.

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
Took a ride on a old Royal Enfield and took a fall within 100meter as the gear shift and brake paddle were on the wrong side. That,s the story of my test ride. I think they has changed it now to Japanese standard....
The FIRST Japanese bike I tried a ride on was a Suzuki 250 two-stroke twin of my brother's. Good thing it revved to a ZILLION as I kept shifting down instead of hitting the rear brake.

By now I'm "fairly" used to the shifter on the left....:rolleyes:

>:)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took a ride on a old Royal Enfield and took a fall within 100meter as the gear shift and brake paddle were on the wrong side. That,s the story of my test ride. I think they has changed it now to Japanese standard.

Thanks for sharing and I too am keeping the versys as a trophy.:wink2:
Both the 69' BSA and the 74' Norton that I had shifted on the right......I never had a problem with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts