·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
972 Posts
oh really? Ever visit Puerto Galera?
No, I was in the US Navy...........Subic Bay and Manila Bay...........I did do a bit of country site seeing on one stop (we were there for almost a month). I like mountains and trees.

Never did like the monkeys throwing things at me though. They did help me on one round of golf however. Over chipped the green and a monkey threw the ball back and it landed on the green. Knocked at least one off that hole.

Fond memories of the Islands................

·
Registered
972 Posts
oh yea great. the good ole days. back when the pesos was 5 to the dollar. 49 now.

I was there from the mid 70's through the late 80's and the rate was about 15-17 P to the dollar. Can you still get a San Miguel at the sari-sari store for a peso? Probably not.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
When I flew to 'Nam in '73 (to get the Canadian troops' gear out in a C-130), I stopped for fuel in Shemya down the Aleutions, and the duty officer asked, IF we were returning thru Shemya, would we mind bringing a couple of dozen San Miguel (BEST beer in the WORLD, he said) back for them (all veterans from 'Nam). I said I would, and when we flew thru going N, stopped for 'gas' and gave them their beer.

Kinda made their day!

:usa:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yeah, I've had San Miguel in Mexico, Spain and the Philippines. The PI brand is much better than either of the other two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts