·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You arent afraid someone will steal them?

Nope, Just keep some tools, zip ties and electrical charging cords. Nothing major or expensive in them. I just use a few zip-ties on each strap to keep it more secure on the hand rails....I also leave my GPS on the bike when i not on the bike and have for almost 9 years without an issue so far....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Went out for a ride today and to run some errands. Put a little over 200 miles on today and the seat felt fantastic. No aches and pains with the knees and hip. Most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time.....
Ordered the Terry Adcox flat style bucket seat today. Also ordered a backrest from Utopia, which they will deliver to Terry for him to install. Won't actually get everything till January. So I'm already looking forward to the 2019 riding season!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Went out for a ride today and to run some errands. Put a little over 200 miles on today and the seat felt fantastic. No aches and pains with the knees and hip. Most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time.....
Don't you miss the tiny back rest from the OEM seat? I actually use that to rest my lower back from time to time while riding. I know with the flat you could seat a little back and straighten your legs a bit more.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ordered the Terry Adcox flat style bucket seat today. Also ordered a backrest from Utopia, which they will deliver to Terry for him to install. Won't actually get everything till January. So I'm already looking forward to the 2019 riding season!!!

:yeahsmile::yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Don't you miss the tiny back rest from the OEM seat? I actually use that to rest my lower back from time to time while riding. I know with the flat you could seat a little back and straighten your legs a bit more.

Nope hated that stupid hump. I wind up sitting on it and it bothers the crap out of me....>:)>:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks comfy, but having trouble getting past the oversize look of the seat from the side of the bike. It looks disproportionately large compared to the size of the bike.

The build quality looks great though!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
129 Posts
Terry's Custom Seats Web-Site......https://www.terryscustomseats.com

Seat came in this morning so went to run errands and get lunch. The seat looks and feels fantastic. Went with the V-Pattern and really like it. I'm a bigger guy so the wings are out an inch more on each side than normal. Video First impressions........https://youtu.be/Bc3RmAKzAEQ

Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Love mine. Made a big difference from the stock seat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Terry Adcox Seat and Utopia Backrest

Received my Terry Adcox modified flat bucket seat. With Utopia backrest. Too cold to ride, but just sitting in the garage I could already feel that the seat was not causing me to slide forward. And the backrest feels great. So far so good!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Received my Terry Adcox modified flat bucket seat. With Utopia backrest. Too cold to ride, but just sitting in the garage I could already feel that the seat was not causing me to slide forward. And the backrest feels great. So far so good!!
How much pullback did you add to the bars so you are reclining against that backrest?

I leaned forward on my Versys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How much pullback did you add to the bars so you are reclining against that backrest?
Not sure what you mean by adding pullback to the bars. I didn't change the bars at all. I found that when I sat on the seat I was leaning forward, rather than sitting up straight. I get it if that's the posture for a adventure rider. But, while I'm riding an adventure biker, I'm not really an adventure rider. I'd prefer to sit up straight like on any other bike, and not feel like I'm going to slide forward.

The backrest is adjustable, so it can be set to nudge right up to your back. I've adjusted my Gold Wing Utopia backrest in the past for that reason. This one feels just right, although I've not ridden the bike yet. Just sat on it in the garage.

I was happy in my garage, although the real test will be several hours in the saddle. Which unfortunately probably won't happen for another month or so.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Your new seat reminds me of a couple of bikes that I had Seth Laam make seats for.

Just like yours the new seat made a world of difference.

Turned an ass burner into an all day rocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I requested to be put on Terry's waiting list for a Full Single Bucket seat with +1" height, (I feel cramped on the bike). I'm getting it for my long rides.

Build ETA is end of April 2020.

I have the front 3D print seat riser block for the stock seat. I can barely handle my 1 hour daily commute with the stock seat. I start fidgeting sometimes, when I get close to my exit.

I had a Corbin seat for my power cruiser and went coast to coast and back, about 7,000 miles in 10 days without the monkey butt.

So, I ordered a Sargent Seat today for now. Should get it in a week.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Been debating on trading the V-1000 in on a shorter bike. My biggest problem is getting on and off the bike with my bad knees and hip. So today i decided to put the stock seat back on and wow it reminded me real quick how much better the Terry Adcock seat is. The stock is for sure lower in the seat area so i felt more planted when having to stop the bike but man did my knees and hips feel cramped as hell. So i think I'll be out bike shopping soon....

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Been debating on trading the V-1000 in on a shorter bike. My biggest problem is getting on and off the bike with my bad knees and hip. So today i decided to put the stock seat back on and wow it reminded me real quick how much better the Terry Adcock seat is. The stock is for sure lower in the seat area so i felt more planted when having to stop the bike but man did my knees and hips feel cramped as hell. So i think I'll be out bike shopping soon....
What is your most comfortable sitting position? I like a slight forward lean. Not enough to put weight on my hands though. Maybe the new Bonneville 1200 would work?

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
What is your most comfortable sitting position? I like a slight forward lean. Not enough to put weight on my hands though. Maybe the new Bonneville 1200 would work?

On the V-1000 its when I'm using the highway pegs. I just go from stops and put my right foot straight to the highway pegs then when i get through the gears i do then same with the left. City riding with my braking foot on a highway peg is not the brightest thing to do so i leave bigger gaps between cars and slow down sooner and use my front brake a lot. So I'll be looking at cruisers and retro type bikes with the long flat seats on them.... For me its not so much the position I'm in with the thicker Terry Adcock seat. Its just getting on and off the bike...I can climb on the bike by putting it on the center stand and then stepping on the left footpeg and cowboy it up but with my weight i worry about the peg being strong enough

21 - 40 of 45 Posts