Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat just arrived and it is pretty much everything I hoped for. Here are some pictures. It feels great sitting on it but I need a long ride to see how it feels over time. The way my 650 V-Strom TA seat was you completely forgot that you were even sitting on a seat. There was no pain.

Every angle I could think of

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If I didn't need a better WS on the Versys 300 I would have him do the V-Strom 1000 in his slow time of the year (next month or so). (Nothing wrong with the stock WS except I want the wind deflected from my helmet).

I have tried two different Russel Day long seats and Terry's seats are every bit as good for about half the price. You send your core in on both.

·
Registered
421 Posts
SECoda,
Nice looking seat. Looks very comfortable. The stock Versys-X seat is killing my tailbone.
Is the Adcox seat the same height as the stock seat? Or is lower or taller.
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since it is a custom saddle you can have Terry do whatever you want with the dimensions within the limits of the core. I had him raise it about 3/4" and widen it 4" from stock. Yes the stock seat is horrible in the back. I had the same problem. Now my masseuse rides with me. ;-)

Much of it depends on your dimensions. He looks at pictures of you on the seat in various positions as well and looks at knee, hip, and back angles. He makes recommendations based on what he sees and also uses your inputs. He will tell you if you are going astray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts