Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't decide between Pantera and Carbon. Any advice? Is one more slippery than the other? Should I skip the upper material difference altogether?

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
On 2 of my Adcox seats, I stayed with the same material for the entire seat. On my other bike, it’s a 2 color black/silver that the previous owner had purchased.

I don’t think there’s a lot of difference, in regard to being “slippery”.

Here’s a pic of the seat on my 1000LT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On 2 of my Adcox seats, I stayed with the same material for the entire seat. On my other bike, it’s a 2 color black/silver that the previous owner had purchased.

I don’t think there’s a lot of difference, in regard to being “slippery”.

Here’s a pic of the seat on my 1000LT.

View attachment 182040

View attachment 182041
How do you like your seat? I put a deposit down to have a seat built by him for my Ninja 1000. Teery is a busy man. I put the deposit down in January and he can't get started on i it until July. Hope it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I bought one used, so I'm not sure what the material was. It was very comfortable, not slippery, looked great. BUT it did leak in the rain. So if I was to order one, I'd focus on whatever is the most waterproof. Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Luggage and bags Automotive tire Bag Bicycle accessory

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ah, looks like you have a perforated center insert.
Yeah, it sure looks that way. For the Ninja I'm looking for basic but comfortable. No fancy stitching, perforations or anything like that. Luckily, Terry lives nearby and I'll hand deliver the seat and go over the options in person.

Glad to hear it was comfortable though. I plan to use the seat for longer rides and put my modified Sargent back on for the shorter stuff.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How do you like your seat? I put a deposit down to have a seat built by him for my Ninja 1000. Teery is a busy man. I put the deposit down in January and he can't get started on i it until July. Hope it's worth the wait.
I love the seat for long rides. Riders that hang off the bike in corners, probably wouldn’t care for it. It is harder to move around on the seat. I’ve done 12 hour days on the 3 seats that Terry built. I waited about 6 months for mine, also. He’s a one man business.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the seat for long rides. Riders that hang off the bike in corners, probably wouldn’t care for it. It is harder to move around on the seat. I’ve done 12 hour days on the 3 seats that Terry built. I waited about 6 months for mine, also. He’s a one man business.
Good to know. It will be only for long rides. I'm not really a peg scraper or track guy anyway. Shoot, I may just leave it on all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.