Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed my order and shipped off my stock seat to Terry....https://www.terryscustomseats.com

I had him make a Flat Seat for my 09 Versys back in 2012 i believe and really liked it. The hump for the pillions on seats bother me and i have a bad hip and knees with arthritis so longer trips are a real pain. With the flat seat i can slide back and enjoy the ride. This last year i haven't ridden the bike as much as i have in the past because of not being comfortable. So with the new seat i hope to get out on some all day rides again. Won't get the seat back until sometime in August. Here are a few photos with the one on my Versys 650...

IMG_1503 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1493 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
He is a couple towns over. Nice to be able to talk to him in person about my ideas. He has made me 4 one of a kind seats and sometimes he makes more for others once they see mine.
Spent an entire Saturday with him talking bikes and cars while he carved me a seat for my Trophy SE that allowed me to ride all day long.

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got an e-mail from Terry that the seat is finished and shipped will be here 8/22/2018. He said he made it a bigger wider seat since I'm a fat-ass... >:) ... Normal flat seats are 15 inches wide with the wings mine should be 17 inches..

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Got an e-mail from Terry that the seat is finished and shipped will be here 8/22/2018. He said he made it a bigger wider seat since I'm a fat-ass... >:) ... Normal flat seats are 15 inches wide with the wings mine should be 17 inches..
You do realize many of your posts revolve around getting or eating really good food???

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You do realize many of your posts revolve around getting or eating really good food???

Well my biggest decision of the day is "Where Do I Want To Eat Lunch" :yeahsmile::yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the price range of those seats? I checked out the site, but didn't see any pricing.

The Flat Seat for my Versys 1000 was $335.00. $300.00 for the seat $10.00 extra for some stitching i requested and $25.00 to have it shipped to me...

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pictures, Pictures and more pictures of the Versys 1000LT seat needed.

As soon as i get it i will take photos and post. It suppose to be here 8/22/2018. I have a stock seat also so i will do some side by side comparisons photos also.

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, I'd have thought custom work like that would have been much higher. The Sargent seats are over $400!

Yes, Terry is very reasonable with his pricing. Now you do have to send your stock seat into him. I had picked up a Seat Concepts Seat off a forum and sent in my stock seat to Terry. Then i posted the Seat Concepts seat up for sale for $100.00 and a stock seat. That way i was able to ride while he had my stock seat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have one coming in the next couple of weeks for my Gen 1. I can’t wait.

Randy

Reactions: weljo2001

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My seat was just delivered so will un-wrap and take a quick spin to run some errands and take some photos....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts