Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Who all has some pics from The Dragon. Post them up here, let's see what we have.

Here's me, Labor Day weekend 2019.

Oh my! I owned that very model, a 2006 EX-500. (Ha, I never considered it a "real" Ninja, but it turned out to be a great bike, nonetheless.) I had it for six years and only got rid of it because my "significant other" wanted to do more two-up riding. LOL now they're both gone; sometimes I still miss that... bike. 😅

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
127 Posts
Might want to slide your feet back a little in the tight stuff. Your boot will touch first.
I did touch my boot down and scrape a peg on that trip. I've since changed my foot position and ride on the balls of my feet. Now I just scrape the peg without scraping my foot :)

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
920 Posts
I did touch my boot down and scrape a peg on that trip. I've since changed my foot position and ride on the balls of my feet. Now I just scrape the peg without scraping my foot :)
Your toe was really close in that pic for sure -- glad you adjusted your position to protect your toes. I have done the same ... used to ride more like a horse with my foot in the stirrups... but have decided keeping on the balls of my feet on the iron horse. (Haven't ridden a horse in a while, but best I remember, not much chance of dragging a toe from the saddle of a horse 🤣)

·
Super Moderator
21,790 Posts
...Haven't ridden a horse in a while, but best I remember, not much chance of dragging a toe from the saddle of a horse....
And IF you DO - you have BIGGER PROBLEMS...!

;)

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I live close to the Dragon and ride up to it on occasion late evenings when everyone is gone. Here is a picture I took from the overlook about a month ago. Not a single person there. View attachment 190283
I've been through there in the middle of the day on a Wednesday where I pulled into a siding and had a drink and snack and zero people came by.
I've also been through there early in the morning after a rain the night before and not only was there a lot of small debris on the road, but the locals in their pickup trucks, heading to work, were straightening the curves. :oops: I guess Tennessee is where the jobs are.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts