Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you Versys owners notice this? The little black cover on top of the tail light keeps popping loose. It just snaps in place, but doesn't want to stay that way. I've even gone as far as taking off the seat, unbolting the handles & tried to line things up better, but that didn't help. Any suggestions? :confused:

Take a look:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot about this thread, thanks for reminding me! I think I've discovered the cause! I'm fairly certain its the danged neighborhood kids!

They keep making me pop wheelies for 'em! :D

I noticed when I got back from a ride without wheelies, the little cover was fine, so I tried an experiment. I popped a wheelie in front of the house then parked it. Sure enough, the little cover was loose. I guess the front end hits hard enough to pop it loose. Its a cheesy set up anyway.

I don't really do a lot of wheelies, & never on busy streets (stop laughing, I'm trying to sound responsible here). When I first got the bike, it was one of those tests that had to be done; the "will it loft the wheel in case of emergency" test. There are a few secluded places around here where a person can successfully carry out such tests without too much worry of being labeled irresponsible. Anyway, after many TWOTGATT (two-wheels-on-the-ground-all-the-time) rides, the little cover has remained in place.

Just goes to show you, sometimes it IS the operator...:eek::D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bear,

Be sure to check your frame---especially if you're irresponsible! :D

J/K

I posted an article that addresses a frame issue with the Ninja's 650 but just to be safe check your frame for peace of mind.

Be safe!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just finished reading your post. Thanks for the info! I plan on a fairly complete disassembly in the near future, anyway. I normally take my bikes apart & grease everything, fix stuff I don't like & look for potential problems. Right now, I'm trying to figure out an adapter for my ATV jack so that I can lift the Versys with it. Damned street bikes & there under exhaust crap!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I forgot about this thread, thanks for reminding me! I think I've discovered the cause! I'm fairly certain its the danged neighborhood kids!

They keep making me pop wheelies for 'em! :D

I noticed when I got back from a ride without wheelies, the little cover was fine, so I tried an experiment. I popped a wheelie in front of the house then parked it. Sure enough, the little cover was loose. I guess the front end hits hard enough to pop it loose. Its a cheesy set up anyway.

I don't really do a lot of wheelies, & never on busy streets (stop laughing, I'm trying to sound responsible here). When I first got the bike, it was one of those tests that had to be done; the "will it loft the wheel in case of emergency" test. There are a few secluded places around here where a person can successfully carry out such tests without too much worry of being labeled irresponsible. Anyway, after many TWOTGATT (two-wheels-on-the-ground-all-the-time) rides, the little cover has remained in place.

Just goes to show you, sometimes it IS the operator...:eek::D
just duck tape it... will be fine

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tail Light

I found the same problem on my bike the first time I washed it and got water down inside of there. Now evertyime I wash my bike with a hose I put my hand over where the two pieces meet so that doesn't happen again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts