Tachometer

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  invader 
#1 ·
Service Manual, on page 2-16 it is written:
"Connect a highly accurate tachometer to one of the stick
coil primary leads".
Why the analogue tachometer is applied?
Why the chosen way is called as exact?
Why it is impossible to use impulses from the Crankshaft Sensor?

#2 · (Edited)
Service manual mentions using an accurate digital tachometer to read individual throttle body vacuum at 1300 ±50 rpm, while adjusting vacuum bypass screw to read 37.9 ±1.3 kPa (285 ±10 mmHg) because idle speed changes when making adjustments... Right throttle body's vacuum bypass screw is actually left closed, with adjustments made to the left TB screw. We just balance the vacuum between both TB at tachometer indicated 1300 rpm normal idle speed, by adjusting left TB screw with vacuum gauge on both TB vacuum fittings.

#3 ·
Service manual mentions using an accurate digital tachometer to read individual throttle body vacuum at 1300 ±50 rpm, while adjusting vacuum bypass screw to read 37.9 ±1.3 kPa (285 ±10 mmHg) because idle speed changes when making adjustments... Right throttle body's vacuum bypass screw is actually left closed, with adjustments made to the left TB screw. We just balance the vacuum between both TB at tachometer indicated 1300 rpm normal idle speed, by adjusting left TB screw with vacuum gauge on both TB vacuum screws.
Thanks for help!

#4 ·
I edited my post... I meant to say that the throttle bodies' vacuum balance at idle is checked with a manometer or two individual vacuum gauges hooked up to both TB vacuum fittings (not vacuum screws). Any adjutment is done with the left TB vacuum bypass screw, with the right TB screw left closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.