Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made the switch to the SW-Motech skid plate. I have made some modifications for strength. On the arm that attaches to the frame, I had a piece welded for strength. I found after the stock piece snapped clean off, where the issue was and messaged the company directly, which they then went through a redesign of the skid plate. Also a slight wider footprint of the side where it mounts to the water pump. Any question please feel free to let me know. I’m asking $130 OBO shipped. It fits the 2015+ Versys 650.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fits 2015+ Versys 650 and I’m located in the Moore County area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Made the switch to the SW-Motech skid plate. I have made some modifications for strength. On the arm that attaches to the frame, I had a piece welded for strength. I found after the stock piece snapped clean off, where the issue was and messaged the company directly, which they then went through a redesign of the skid plate. Also a slight wider footprint of the side where it mounts to the water pump. Any question please feel free to let me know. I’m asking $130 OBO shipped. It fits the 2015+ Versys 650.

I can't see the pics via my iPad. Very interested, though. Tell/ show more?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I can't see the pics via my iPad. Very interested, though. Tell/ show more?
If you look online there’s some structural issues with the main connection point to the frame on the clutch side of the motorcycle. I added a brace to help prevent breaking under vibrations. I also added some room to position the bolt that connects to the water pump bracket on the skid itself. Just some things to make it a lot more user friendly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts