1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
759 Posts
Man, that's an awful lot of parts to take of for a center stand! Are the other brands like that as well? I've been looking at one of the Hepco & Becker's for my 2018 Versys.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Man, that's an awful lot of parts to take of for a center stand! Are the other brands like that as well? I've been looking at one of the Hepco & Becker's for my 2018 Versys.
The HB doesn't a longer rod(motor mount?) bo;t or an extra cross brace, a bit simpler design on the HB.

A caveat on the HB, the drive chain clearance is very tight. Nothing that some judiciuos work with a grinder can't cure as it is way over built.

Anyone have an idea on price? I couldn't find it on their site. The HB runs about $279. That farkle hurt a bit in the wallet.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Available Soon!

Part Number: Call for more information

Product Info & Features:

- Made in the USA
- Replaceable parts
- NO CUT or plastic fairings modification required

·
Registered
806 Posts
All good news now if it's around $250 it's mine--tried a HB didn't fit worth a crap sent it back--can't use SW Moto with peg lowers-so maybe this is the one--just sent them an e-mail
Weird, mine fit just fine except for the already mentioned chain clearance issue.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A lotta beefy looking hardware, there...I wonder if those thick cross-brace bits can be used as rear mounts for a skid plate?

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lotta beefy looking hardware, there...I wonder if those thick cross-brace bits can be used as rear mounts for a skid plate?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Got an answer back -it's a prototype and it's on the production list ( what ever that means)-no other info available at this time check back in 4-6 weeks-so we wait

·
Registered
308 Posts
So while were waiting for the T-Rex stand let me ask a question has anyone tried a Hepco-Becker stand with Moto werk peg lowers I ask because a member stated the SW- Motech stand will not work with the peg lowers

·
Registered
77 Posts
On my '15 V650, I've fitted H&B CentreStand with the MotoWerk Peg Lowerers - no problems.
Interestingly, it's easier to lift the '15 onto the 'Stand than it was to lift my previous '10 onto an SW Motech Centrestand.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that center stand looks to be height-adjustable. Are those not height adjustment set screws on the legs of the stand???

This is exciting for those of us who've lowered the bike.
Maybe ,maybe not the video is of a prototype as of now they are trying to figure out how many parts would be interchangeable if they made one or two that fit all 2008-2018-still 6 to 8 weeks out but it will happen-they know about the stand interference and the chain rubbing on the stands out now-but not if their stand can be used with peg lowers-until I asked them to check that out-I'm excited to see how it comes out

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
T-Rex is nearly ready for sale.

I've been at their shop for a couple hours the last two days getting the details worked out. It has no contact with kickstand, chain or anything.

I feel fortunate to be the first one on the road. Not sure when they will go on official sale but it's nice.

Not sure what the final price will be.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts