Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with T Rex engine guards - either installing them, or, *ahem* “using” them? They look solid and relatively easy to put on the bike (I’m about to get a 2018 Versys 650 LT), but I want to know if any of you have words of wisdom you can pass on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure, but from what I recall reading here, those are the ones that interfere with the factory fog lights. So you'd have to remount them.

I just put Givi bars on mine. Don't cover as much area, but very easy to install and I think adequate for the style of riding I will do (90% pavement, 10% dirt roads, 0% single track).

-dm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, but from what I recall reading here, those are the ones that interfere with the factory fog lights. So you'd have to remount them.

I just put Givi bars on mine. Don't cover as much area, but very easy to install and I think adequate for the style of riding I will do (90% pavement, 10% dirt roads, 0% single track).

-dm
That sounds like my kind of riding, too - I’ll look into Givi. Thanks for this info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought and installed them last weekend.
Install was easy and instructions are clear.
As for
those are the ones that interfere with the factory fog lights
I'd say that if you put an engine guard, I'd use that for the fog lights (which you can buy much cheaper than the OEM).
I am currently looking here as a possible solution.
And, by the way, the T-Rex comes with sliders which might be helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts