Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday, I brought home the Versys-X 300 that my son and I will be sharing. Before I even picked up the bike, I ordered the T-Rex crash bars from their Ebay store. They arrived today. When I unpacked the box, this is what I found:

Two right side crash bars. :mad:

My son has been riding scooters for two years, but doesn't trust himself not to drop a new motorcycle without crash bars. It is disappointing as he was looking forward to riding his new motorcycle. We'll, it is 80% his. I pitched in so he could get a Versys-X 300 instead of a less interesting alternative. Plus, I figured if he got the Versys, I'd be borrowing it a lot!

I emailed T-Rex and asked them to send out a left crash bar and a pre-paid label so I can return the extra right side crash bar. I hope I can follow up with a story about a speedy shipment and awesome customer service!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mixup! Once they send you a left side, I think you'll really like the crash bars. They are very solid. And if you ever get a skidplate, go for a Ricochet brand plate - much better than the T-Rex brand, and works flawlessly with the crash bars!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmm, so does someone else have two leftys ?

It should be solved pretty quick at no additional charge to you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a phone call today and they're sending the left side along with a prepaid label so I can return the extra right side crash bars. The tracking number they gave me has a delivery date of next Tuesday. It seems like they're on top of things.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The left side crash bar arrived ahead of schedule. I'm quite happy with how quickly T-Rex took care of the issue. I would definitely buy from them again.

I just finished the installation. The bars seem very sturdy.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i can tell you their Sliders do their job...Almost all of the damage to the bike was from the door of the SUV.....https://youtu.be/NkiUZ2GGL34
I'm glad you're okay and the sliders did their job. It's crazy that someone would open their door like that especially where lane splitting is legal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow! Glad to see you are OK.
Looks like the sliders did an amazing job protecting the bike.

weljo2001 - which sliders are they? I'm shopping for a pair for my bike. Having a hard time making a decision if to get sliders or crash bars. Sliders seem easier to install without having to remove any panels.

Thanks,
Vadim

·
Registered
26 Posts
The left side crash bar arrived ahead of schedule. I'm quite happy with how quickly T-Rex took care of the issue. I would definitely buy from them again.

I just finished the installation. The bars seem very sturdy.

Hello CheesyRider,
Bars look good!
Did the installation require you to take off any panels or did the bars attached right on top\around the panels?

Thanks,
Vadim

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hello CheesyRider,
Bars look good!
Did the installation require you to take off any panels or did the bars attached right on top\around the panels?

Thanks,
Vadim
I did need to take off a panel on each side, but it was pretty easy. The video below show how to install them:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts