Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone so my 2013 v650 swing arm has a nice crack in it and i was wondering if anyone knows if the 2015 v650 swing arm will fit or an alternative ie ninja or er6

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look the same i seen that the item number are the same but the part numbers are still different

·
Premium Member
2015 650 Versys LT ABS
33 Posts
I had it welded, and so far after many crashes on the trails, it's solid! Plus it cost me $119.- for the welding job. Disassembly its not bad, you need a new link or new chain that's what I did with a 13T sprocket (excellent torque).
swingarm-broken.jpg

·
Premium Member
2015 650 Versys LT ABS
33 Posts
Crikey, it looks like the OEM welder was drunk when he welded your swing arm.
The weld that cracked looks like duck shit
Indeed, I send that and others to Kawasaki support, they thank me that's that. I'm still ticked, plus those bad OEM welds are tuff to spot.
I would recommend to all Versys owners;
put your Versys on a rear stand​
remove the rear wheel​
check the welds on the inside of the swingarm​
take a picture, and monitor the welds​

Maybe if we file a case with Kawaski together, we can push for better Quality & Control.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i would not have repaired that OEM swingarm. besides the cracked weld, there was movement in that swingarm member caused by impact and the whole thing could be a little tweeked. the OEM swingarm is only about 3mm material, and can be fractured. you should have swapped in a late model EX650 steel swingarm at a fraction of the cost of the welding repair. that particular swingarm is the strongest of any of the swingarms used in the ER6 lineup. swaps right in, and is usually purchased complete with factory hugger.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
The swingarm was damaged from improper countershaft sprocket nut removal, and not because of bad welds.

·
Premium Member
2015 650 Versys LT ABS
33 Posts
”.. late model EX650 steel swingarm at a fraction of the cost of the welding repair. that particular swingarm is the strongest of any of the swingarms used in the ER6 lineup. swaps right in, and is usually purchased complete with factory hugger.
Thanks, great to know. It would be great if you could create a matrix of a replacement part of other bikes.
I bet a lot of Versys rider will find it useful -thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts