Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted a while ago saying my swingarm was making this 'click' sound. Well about a week and half ago it turned into an extremely loud snapping-binding sound that you could feel while riding in the foot pegs. Took it into the dealer as its still under warranty and they told me "Don't see anything wrong, we greased it and sound is gone."
I went to pickup my bike and sat on it still in the dealers shop and -snap snap snap- as I put weight on. :huh:.
So after a few more words with the guys there they ordered all new bearings and seals to put in and now Im just waiting for them to come in.
Meanwhile I took the bike home and wanted to try something.
I loosened the swingarm pivot bolt just slightly ~50ftlbs and the noise is gone. ( I know it needs to be 80ftlbs ) did not ride it like that just sat on it and tried to make the sound. Now tightened to 80 .

So now Im just waiting for the parts and the dealer to finish to see if all new parts fix it as I don't want to tear into it right now.. let them do their work first ha :mad:

**2011 V 2600 miles

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
So now Im just waiting for the parts and the dealer to finish to see if all new parts fix it as I don't want to tear into it right now.. let them do their work first ha :mad:

**2011 V 2600 miles
Hope the dealer does not read the forum haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts