Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about swapping the black lower panels for silver. Lets hear what you think. Which would look better on the bike below.:feedback:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
on the green I like the black it matches the rest of the plastics, so on the blue I think it would look better with the silver plastics all around. if you want to swap I think blipco is looking to swap his silver for the blacks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got black on my greeny, and I would agree-blue would look better with silver.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got a blue as well with the black lowers and was considering this swap as well. I was thinking though, I wonder if the silver is harder to keep looking good being so low? Any green owners have a say on how easy they are to keep clean?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Neither one, you should have gotten a (faster) green bike!

Wahahahaha. Sorry, just kidding, Seriously, I think the silver looks better :D

Is that your bike?

V-Zee

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mine stayed clean, i just swapped them out cause I thought black looked better with all the rest that was black

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neither one, you should have gotten a (faster) green bike!

Wahahahaha. Sorry, just kidding, Seriously, I think the silver looks better :D

Is that your bike?

V-Zee
Yes sir. Bought it jan.2010 wasn't able to ride much the first month because of all the snow we got this year. that picture was taken over a month ago the day i had the yoshi installed before i came to puerto rico till october. just ordered some crash bars for it and will have some more farkles waiting for me when i get home.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Do it! You can always paint them back black again. BTW, with your help I traded with Jrider, I don't think he has posted any pics and my bike is green. One thing he did mention though is that the silver ones are painted while the lowers come in black stock. So...maybe you could scrape/rub off the silver if you don't like it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes sir. Bought it jan.2010 wasn't able to ride much the first month because of all the snow we got this year. that picture was taken over a month ago the day i had the yoshi installed before i came to puerto rico till october. just ordered some crash bars for it and will have some more farkles waiting for me when i get home.
You have about the best looking Blue Versys I've seen. Nice work! I like the look of the carbon yosh. I put Motech crash bars on my green. Once I got used to avoiding stepping on the right bar instead of the brake (my big feet), all was good. Other than that I like them.

V-Zee

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You have about the best looking Blue Versys I've seen. Nice work! I like the look of the carbon yosh. I put Motech crash bars on my green. Once I got used to avoiding stepping on the right bar instead of the brake (my big feet), all was good. Other than that I like them.

V-Zee

Thank You Sir,

I really wanted the givi crash bars love the look but believe they would be lacking in protection. Also like the SW-Motech but went with the Hepco Beckers after seeing a few post of them after an accident. Have never had crash bars on a bike before but something keeps telling me to put some on. About 4 near drops at the work place parking lot due to loose asphalt

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the black looks better..helps keep it well balanced.
Yea i thinking the same thing. In theory i was thinking the silver would look better but saw a few photos of two bikes together that swapped and maybe its the photos but it seemed like to much silver on the blue after the swap and besides i showed my girlfriend the photos of the 2 and she thought the blue bike looked to girly with the silver lowers. theres a couple of green bikes in my area might swap them to see how they look on before making a final decision

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a green with Silver lowers. I will be willing to swap for black. Just send me a PM!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know, but how about blue lowers?
I can't remember where. But there is a post on here where the guy painted his lowers,fender extender and hugger blue looked real good came close to doing this but not quite sure if its not alittle too much.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yea i thinking the same thing. In theory i was thinking the silver would look better but saw a few photos of two bikes together that swapped and maybe its the photos but it seemed like to much silver on the blue after the swap and besides i showed my girlfriend the photos of the 2 and she thought the blue bike looked to girly with the silver lowers. theres a couple of green bikes in my area might swap them to see how they look on before making a final decision
I also have a blue one. Before I bought it, I was looking at the blue and green next to each other in the dealer. Thought that the blue would look great with the green's silver lowers but then came to my senses.

Listen to your GF.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My blue came w/ silver lowers because the dealer swapped it with a green one. He thought both bikes looked better after the swap, and I'm glad he did it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
remy, if you have a green with black lowers, yours has already been swapped. you want to swap back?

my dealer also pre-swapped the green and blue lowers, so my green came with black. i think both bikes looks better with the other lower anyway. the black lower probably shows dust and spray more than silver, but i like the look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
remy, if you have a green with black lowers, yours has already been swapped. you want to swap back?

my dealer also pre-swapped the green and blue lowers, so my green came with black. i think both bikes looks better with the other lower anyway. the black lower probably shows dust and spray more than silver, but i like the look.
Oop! Fixed.

I meant to type that I had silver.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts