Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the look of them but site says will work for year 14-21. i have versys 650 2022.
I mailed them and they replied that they didnt know if fits 2022. They hadnt tried on one yet.
Well i bought them anyway and they fit like a glove. And i like the discreet look.
Took 30 mins to put them on. It was easy.

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks @Kecke it is good to know of the options that work with the 2022, as of now I have a set of the Kawasaki frame sliders on order.

I picked up my green and black 2022 650 LT yesterday and the first thing I did was remove and installed the front turn signal reinforcements in the under seat tool bag.
I am going to drop this bike at some point during acclimatization and I rather not end up holing the side plastics.

·
Registered
521 Posts
So what next to protect my bike if fall/crash?
When googling its seems that handguards protect bike when fall?
I have this for my 2018 V650:

By appearance it has very good protection in 3 places it is connected to the chassis of the motorcycle and in front of the cooler is connected the left and right side of the crash bar. I haven’t tested it and I hope I won’t either. But overall it has very good protection.

Also they have crash bar for your 2022 model: (I wait for mine almost 1 month to arrive from Czech Republic to Croatia)

Very similar design like 2018 model, and they are not expensive, it cost 165€.

Also hand guard can protect brake lever and clutch lever from breaking when falling motorcycle.
I have them also and it protects my hands and fingers very well from hitting of a big bugs ,like a hornet that hit me in the right hand on the fingers on the highway at 140 km/h (87mph) while I waited for the delivery to bring me a hand guard

·
Super Moderator
21,533 Posts
I have "tested" my SW-Motech crash bars several times (they worked VERY WELL), as well as adding extra lights to them w/ 'home-made' brackets.

IMG_0665 copy by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0373 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
Now im thinking putting highway pegs on the bars might be nice.
googled a bit.
Bars is 27 mm in diameter and something like this would fit.

These are from Speedy, mounted inside instead of outside.

Speedy and his bike with highway mounts, mounted correctly.

Reactions: Kecke
1 - 13 of 13 Posts