Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can tell me if there are major differences between the mounts of the SW Motech models, or if it's only the rear flat section that's different (the one in question looks to have smaller surface area than the ones I see advertised for the 2011).

There is a local used rack that I'd love to grab, but the link says it's for the '07-'09 (I have a 2011). It's the tubular type mount bars, and the smaller type flat rack.

Typically I would shy away, because it's listed as being appropriate for the earlier models only, but the price is decent, and there seems to be no description that I can find on the internet. The SW Motech site doesn't have detailed info - and I am not familiar with the differences with the various model years to know if the mount positions would be impossible to work with.

Thanks for any help. (Pic below)

·
Registered
531 Posts
For whatever reason, the SW-Motech racks differ between the Gen1 and Gen2 models.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Davy.

I can't really see what the mount difference is from this pic, or the ones I have found online. Is it the mounting points??? Or just the plate itself (which I CAN see is different from the 2 generations). Are the stock bolt spots in a different area than on the Gen 1 and Gen 2?

I can also tell that the bar is different - but not sure if the measurements would be off.

I was hoping the SW Motech site had a layout diagram - but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
An option could be that you buy and try it. If it doesn't fit, you're bound to get some forum member willing to exchange you Earth dollars for it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The passenger grab rails are different on the newer bikes and I'm sure this accounts for the difference. The Givi mount I have uses a modified grab rail sub plate with a connection added for the mounts. I believe both gen's of SW-Motech require removal of the stock grab rails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts