Premium Member
16,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have those and like'm. Since my use is 99% street, I picked sliders instead of the much heavier engine guard option...along with Geico insurance with a fairly low deductible.:thumb:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Those look like they would snap off in a fall.

They look like they stick out far enough to serve a dual purpose as highway pegs.

Do they?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had the Motechs on for about a year. Great build, easy install, and you can rest your legs on them for short distances. Nice way to stretch out...

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would recommend the SW-Motech engine bars instead - see video on twisted throttle site. They make the bike damage proof in a tip over and even low speed low side. Lot more protection than sliders. Sliders can bend the frame in an accident.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I thought the same thing and did install the engine bars. Sold them a month later, I got a really bad 4.5K - 5K rpm vibration transmitted right into the pegs and frame. Really bummed out, cause they looked great and do protect well. I may have sold them too soon. There are some tricks to combat the vibration issue...

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
I thought the same thing and did install the engine bars. Sold them a month later, I got a really bad 4.5K - 5K rpm vibration transmitted right into the pegs and frame. Really bummed out, cause they looked great and do protect well. I may have sold them too soon. There are some tricks to combat the vibration issue...

You should have went with the H/B Crash Bars no vibration and crash tested..http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17711

1 - 12 of 12 Posts