Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this image there is a tab at the top and two buttons at the bottom - can they be removed?

I want to get some side racks that have smooth faces for installing my own bags/boxes.

Would the GIVI be better? I cannot find a good shot of just the rack. Anyone know where to find one?

Thanks. Les, Dallas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your interested I have a set of the SW Motech quick release racks for the versys that are the old style with a flat face, before they went to the Evo. I had a set of Pellican boxs on them. Then later got a great deal on a kawasaki oem setup so I swiched it out. Anyway I gave $214.00 for them, I would take $150.00 plus shipping if your interested. I,ll be gone all day but will check back later. Bete.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Les,

I just installed the Givi sideracks on my bike. I can tell you that on the Givi the top tab and two round buttons on the bottom remove very easily. In fact, I bought mine used and the seller wisely removed all of those bits for shipping so that they wouldn't poke through the cushioning in the box. They were in a little bag so I installed them myself. Very quick and easy. You should not have a problem getting to a smooth surface to work with.

Even if they didn't remove easily, I haven't run into many things that a grinder wheel on a Dremel won't fix. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bete - definitely interested. How did you attach the Pelican cases? Got any pics of the racks without the cases?

Thanks also Chris, if this rack of bete's don't work out I know the Givi will work. I wonder what the yearly tonnage of grindage by Dremmels is?

Les, DFW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts