Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing SW Motech crash bars on my 2012 V, the bike wouldn't start. No initial warning lights but after a few attempts the FI light flashed when attempting to start.

Invader pointed me in the right direction and i thought i'd post some pics for the benefit of unwary should like myself.

The problem was that the mounting bolt had screwed through the sensor wire in the bottom pic and it's insulting conduit.

First view to show general location (the nut from the offending bolt and plastics have been removed)

Closer view to see the damage location. The wires have been unplugged and the conduit partly pulled out.

the busted wire twisted back together before taping up and re-connection.

The bike started first time. Thanks again Invader!

·
Super Moderator
7,680 Posts
Thank god you dint land with a Mysteries problem just like the Mysteries NUT.:D

Good you got it solved.:thumb:

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Begbiie;181285...the busted wire twisted back together before taping up and re-connection. [IMG said:
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd426/begbiie/Crash%20Bar%20install%20Wire%20Bust/DSC_9246.jpg[/IMG]

The bike started first time. Thanks again Invader!
SURE hope you soldered that 'twisted' connection...! :goodidea:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just read all my typos - the insulting conduit was pretty funny! I guess the wires need insulating from the engine heat so i made a little pad out of some duct tape and taped over that just to get me going.

I didn't solder as I don't have a solder iron so I just rode around the block a few times to re-charge the battery and to see how the heat would effect my patch up tape.

The bike is having a 'holiday' now while i take my kids up the coast. A solder iron is on my santa list so a better fix will be done for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts