Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike came with a SW Motec GSP mount (not installed) that is detachable. I installed my new Garmin Zumo xt on this mount. Took it out for a spin noticed heavy vibration. It seem to come from the detachable portion of the sw motec gps mount which seems to have some movement.

Is it worth stuffing some rubber pieces in between to dampen this ?

The detachable piece is also unnecessary as Zumo XT has a way to detach from charger

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Plant Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
21,523 Posts
Might help if you were to "triangulate" that mount w/ arms going from just under the GPS to the sides BELOW the present mount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put a thick piece of rubber and added some washers remove the slack that seems to have formed. I will try this out and see if it solves the problem

Automotive tire Gas Bumper Auto part Gun accessory

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same mount with the Zumo XT.
Just installed the Zumo XT hard wired in September/October and haven't done many miles with it, but I did not notice any issue with vibration of any kind.
Since you describe it as "heavy vibration", I take it that it's not subtle. Something not right with the mount or installation.
Sounds like you're on your way to isolating and addressing the issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a thick piece of rubber and added some washers remove the slack that seems to have formed. I will try this out and see if it solves the problem

View attachment 185492
The rubber seemed to work in removing vibration. There is a zone between 3000rpm and 4000rpm where the vibrations are more in the bike in general. I think over a period of time the removable piece tends to create a gap. I did a 50mile ride today. I'm happy with the Garmin Zumo xt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts