Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm waiting for the '09 V to see the new colors. I'm also interested in the '09 Bandit. They are about 100 lbs heavier, but are torque monsters. My last bike was an '04 FZ1 and I'm afraid I'll miss the HP if I get the V. I'm in Calif, so I can't ride a V to see what it's like. Any thoughts? Here's a speed run of a slightly modified 1250. CLICK

·
Registered
429 Posts
I bet the V's wheelie manners are a lot better, look at that big ol 1200CC motor right up behind the front wheel. :)

Tommy, I came off a modded and geared down 2001 FZ1. The V will for sure feel like a real *****cat at first. IMHO the Versys is more comfortable, better handling and way fun to ride. The only place I wish I were on the FZ1 is when I'm motoring down the highway at way too fast speeds. Everywhere else, the V is A-OK. Yeah, it's got a lot less power, but it's quick and it's a blast to ride, and it comes down from wheelies much more gently than an FZ1. :) I don't have any regrets switching to a Versys. I'm 6'2" and find the leg room much better on the V, I used to cramp up a lot on the FZ1.

Here's how I see it....if you live close to twisties, get the Versys, if you live in the desert or an area with no turns and ride 80+mph for long stretches, maybe the big bikes would be better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That speed run looks as though it was run in the Antelope Valley (my birthplace) somewhere. Do you know where it was run?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Versys is similiar except the speedo stops around 115 in stead of 168 or so, heh heh. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couldn't wait for the V, so I got a new ABS Bandit. Me likey. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Right on !!! looks sweet , nothing like a new toy :) no matter what it is . I have always had a eye for the bandit .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was thinking about getting a Versys to replace my FZ1, but I ended up getting a Bandit too. I got a great deal on a new leftover '07 Bandit. However, I still might end up with a Versys in the garage. The Versys is on the top of my wife's list to replace her Ninja 250.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I keep thinking of trading my Speed triple for a Bandit 1250s with the hard bags and ST options,its a really nice bike thats a great sport-touring machine.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My regular riding buddy, Trevor owned the Bandit 1250s - liked it a lot except for the seat. He's got a broken tail bone that was aggravated by the seat. Even had the seat remolded and it didn't help. He let it go after owning the bike for 8 months and traded it in for an ATV.

Recently, he decided he wanted to return to motorcycling but with something less powerful and less intimidating. He bought a 30 year old Suzuki 425 GSe and turned it into a café racer. $800 for the bike, and about $300 for the parts - he's rocking. I think he's having more fun than what I saw him have with the Bandit. The leaned forward position on the Suzuki with the drag bars and the flat seat take the pressure off of his tail bone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.