1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
333 Posts
What a bunch of idiots. I think group rides are great, safety in numbers, but with that many people you start to get a mob mentality, especially when many of the members ride above the law to begin with. I can definitely see how a lone car in the middle of them could fall subject to harassment, potentially putting the driver in a very uncomfortable situation.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In the end, bikers lost - some of them arrested, bikes siezed.
However investigation is still going-on, apparently.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep crap like this make it bad for the rest of us...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
As I suspected: "Alexian Lien's Range Rover was the man attacked by motorcyclists after he accidentally hit a biker... a large number of motorcyclists were driving 'erratically' and he 'accidentally collided with one'. The footage shows one motorcyclist brake hard in front the the car and seems to get bumped by it. He pulled over but some of the bikers started to damage the vehicle. The NYPD spokesman told MailOnline the driver drove off 'to avoid an impending assault'... Fearing for the safety of his wife Roslyn Ng and young child, aged five months, the SUV driver then sped off, hitting several bikers in its path."

More info, photos and videos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2438620/Shocking-video-Range-Rover-crashing-bikers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

I do like how he drove over those Mad Max arssholes. Crowding and harassing a young couple in an SUV sure isn't a good plan, especially Asians with a baby in a Range Rover. :badidea:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I'm not aware of that "social" mouvement

WTF ?

Who are those biker ?
Why are they pissing up cars and blocking street/highway ?
What's their point ?

And they are so many, maybe I would get scared a bit ...

Don't get it ...

LOP

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah, the sentiment here seems to be about the same all around. Over on the Tiger forum we're having the same discussion.

What was interesting to me was that it seems like the driver was antagonized. In the link we have, it's clear 18 seconds in that one of the riders is provoking the driver, then does a close, intentional brake check and gets tagged as a result.

Kinda feel bad for the driver. He panicked. He should have called 911.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
It's now even on Canadian news.

The encounter on Sunday between the S.U.V. driver and the bikers began at about 2 p.m., the police said, as the motorcyclists filled the northbound side of the highway in Upper Manhattan. Mr. Forde said after the official ride was canceled at the last minute on Sunday, he joined a large group that headed across the Brooklyn Bridge and up the West Side. There, they encountered the sport utility vehicle. He said the driver sped up when the riders approached and hurled obscenities at them.

As the video begins, the Range Rover can be seen in the center lane, surrounded on either side by motorcycles, some without license plates. One of the riders appears to slow down in front of the car and is struck, causing the group to stop and block the entire highway.

The police said the collision appeared to have been inadvertent on the part of the driver... Moments later, the vehicle accelerates toward the riders who are blocking its path, crashing into several of them and appearing to roll over at least one motorcycle. The police said that the motorcyclist who had initially been struck sustained broken legs, but that no other serious injuries were reported.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/nyregion/motorcyclists-assault-suv-driver-after-chase-uptown-police-say.html?_r=0

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Range Rover has improved their traction control! :yeahsmile:

I wonder if the riders would've been so blatent if it was an area where either open carry or ccw was allowed? :huh:

·
Banned
895 Posts
It's really interesting to see the different reactions between you guys and some other groups I read.
I "get" where you're coming from Mav;, they have a totally different mentality to anything that's not within the strict guidelines of The Law over here, so l think you know you'd be flogging the proverbial dead donkey if you really told us your views on it.

My view is, what they did isn't socially acceptable, but they were obviously out that day to make a point, & they made it in the wrong way, but then again, they seemed to be on some strange machines that cause them to ride with their anus above their heads, so maybe all the sh*t moved forward!!!;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Punks and thugs out looking for a reaction. Well, they got one. The Range Rover driver should have backed up to get a few more. What a bunch of losers.

On a side note this whole thing might just be a viral add for Icon chest protectors and leather vest's.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Punks and thugs out looking for a reaction. Well, they got one. The Range Rover driver should have backed up to get a few more. What a bunch of losers.
Really? All I saw was an ahole rider braking aggressively, getting hit, then most others stopping out of curiosity/concern. When the car ran the guy over, the other bikers gave chase, but most of them still kept their distance throughout the whole ordeal. There was only a handful of riders that were doing anything but watching. Why would any of them deserve to be attacked, as 99% of the crowd were merely bystanders? You can't honestly argue that the entire pack of bikers were horrible people out to randomly attack this man's family and eat his baby?

People in this country just need to stop with this macho violence BS. We're all human, and do stupid, impulsive things sometimes. It doesn't mean we all deserve to die because of it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts