Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to learn to fine tune it. The bike is still set to the stock tunings, and I'm not even sure what they are! But... can anyone help me get a grasp of what I may want out of a suspension.
What do the various components do? And what kind of settings would one want for city riding vs/ freeway vs/ dirt? Where and how do I adjust the various components
If it's anyhelp, I'm 5'11" and weight about 150.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
az, check this thread out; http://www.versys.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=45&topic=2206.0

My good friend Gustavo and others have some excellent pointers on suspension and how to get it set up. I was fortunate to the suspension guru, Gustavo personally set mine up and it does make a difference.

One thing to note, is that the majority of the Versys shipped new, have the rear suspension set up far too stiffly. Mine is now on 2nd from the bottom and I'm 180lbs-wish I was 150lbs like you!!

Machog

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So out of curisoi then, where are you guys finding the best spots for the preload? how many clicks one the back spring?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You cannot go on what someone else is using. About 37mm of rider sag will get you pretty close to what it needs to be. The suspension on the Versy is simple and works great. No need for a bunch of technical issues. Check the link above and you will have no problems.
Oh I understand that, I was just trying to get a general idea of where most people like it. That way I know whether the Versys has plenty of extra stiffness or extra softness, or if it falls in between.
For example, if most people have their bike set to 1 or 2 notches away from the "softest" preload setting, then obviously this bike has a lot of "stiffness" to play with but not much on the soft side. Or the exact opposite if I find that most people have theirs set to the "stiffer" side of the settings.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
az, check this thread out; http://www.versys.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=45&topic=2206.0

My good friend Gustavo and others have some excellent pointers on suspension and how to get it set up. I was fortunate to the suspension guru, Gustavo personally set mine up and it does make a difference.

One thing to note, is that the majority of the Versys shipped new, have the rear suspension set up far too stiffly. Mine is now on 2nd from the bottom and I'm 180lbs-wish I was 150lbs like you!!

Machog
and THANKS! that link really is insightful, and helped me to understand how the suspension on the Versys works, and where I would need to set it for my prefered ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts