Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a buddy tell me about this guy Dave Moss who was coming to the Rogue Valley to do some suspension tuning and I thought I would check it out.

Long story short, get your suspension tuned by Dave or another person who knows what they are doing and you will be amazed at the difference in how your bike rides. The Z8 tires i wasn't so crazy about are just fine. My V was so out of tune it was stupid. And that goes for eveyone else's bikes too (about 30). We had 1000RR, 1198's, my V, and everything in-between and everyones bike had issues with the suspension.

The difference was like a whole new bike with a ride that felt like more power was getting to the ground and the twisties are even sweeter now, way more confidence in the lean.

Dave Moss has some youtube videos and I can't recomend him enough, he teaches you about tuning and shows you how to do it yourself. If you can get enough people to show to a location he will drive to you for a day of tuning, which is what he did here.

Best thing/upgrade/change I ever did to make the bike all it can be. Just do it, you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dave moss name sounds familiar... Two clicks out?

·
Registered
134 Posts
So I had a buddy tell me about this guy Dave Moss who was coming to the Rogue Valley to do some suspension tuning and I thought I would check it out.

Long story short, get your suspension tuned by Dave or another person who knows what they are doing and you will be amazed at the difference in how your bike rides. The Z8 tires i wasn't so crazy about are just fine. My V was so out of tune it was stupid. And that goes for eveyone else's bikes too (about 30). We had 1000RR, 1198's, my V, and everything in-between and everyones bike had issues with the suspension.

The difference was like a whole new bike with a ride that felt like more power was getting to the ground and the twisties are even sweeter now, way more confidence in the lean.

Dave Moss has some youtube videos and I can't recomend him enough, he teaches you about tuning and shows you how to do it yourself. If you can get enough people to show to a location he will drive to you for a day of tuning, which is what he did here.

Best thing/upgrade/change I ever did to make the bike all it can be. Just do it, you won't be sorry!
I'm not sure what you can tune on the versys that require expertise. I know for a fact that a few clicks wasn't significant enough for 2up or touring loaded . That being said I never had any complaints on the bike solo, but the ELKA shock I have improved the ride tremendously. Now that is something you can fine tune.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rule #1 in suspension set-up, set your sag. Frequently, you can't get the right free sag and rider sag and the bike needs different rate springs. Not sure what's available for the Versys, spring-wise. So, take the measurements to see if your sag is correct, then mess with the rebound adjusters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts