Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to the v amazing bike but feels like it bucks and weaves if pushed through corners checked the pre load and sag they seem fine do you think it could be that i need to play around with the damping ? im around 80kg any suggestions for setting ?? thanks :loveeyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm about 150 lbs. (68kg). I softened rear rebound damping to softest setting. If i remember correctly, my front rebound damping is turned out about 2 1/4 turns. Might also sound too simple, but dealership had way too much air pressure in tires when I purchased bike -- might want to check that. Handling settled down very well after that. Good luck.

·
Registered
764 Posts
if sag is correct, sounds like you just need to slow down the rebound. I started with my rebound turned all the way out and and then adjust 1-2 clicks at a time slowing it down. I think I'm at 5 clicks in on the shock. I'm 180lbs My pre load is at the softest setting.

Donn

·
Registered
11 Posts
By all means ...

Try very little damping on the rear shock - in fact start out with it all the way out (minimum damping). This gives you a known starting point. Then you can bracket it down to what you like. If you start at max damping, the ride will be very harsh. (I think that's because of the effect of compression damping - it wouldn't seem like rebound damping would make the ride harsh.)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Try very little damping on the rear shock - in fact start out with it all the way out (minimum damping). This gives you a known starting point. Then you can bracket it down to what you like. If you start at max damping, the ride will be very harsh. (I think that's because of the effect of compression damping - it wouldn't seem like rebound damping would make the ride harsh.)
:thumb:Basically what I just stated. works for me but I'm still playing with it. It will take some time be patient and make a change each time you go out and keep notes on the changes you make so you can reference back to them.

Donn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts