Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "small" extender for my Versys-X windscreen is a big success. There is just one problem: wobbling fore and aft. When I am on the motorway, there is a lot of turbulence from the cars and trucks ahead of me. As a result, my windscreen and its extension wobble like jelly. Once I am away from the traffic, in "clean" air, the wobbling greatly reduces.

To provide mechanical support to the windscreen, I have ordered a GPS mount. (See below). I will mount a rubber spacer on the top horizontal bar of the mount, to press up against the windscreen to support it. That should reduce the wobbling. Sports equipment Gesture Font Bicycle part Fashion accessory

Has anyone else tried this?
Sports equipment Gesture Font Bicycle part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that I will not be able to eliminate all the wobbling, but I can reduce it to an acceptable level. This will also reduce the flexing of the Versys-X screen and maybe reduce plastic fatigue (is "plastic fatigue" like metal fatigue?).

The "small" windscreen extension significantly reduces air pressure on my upper body, thus reducing rider fatigue on long-distance high-speed touring (getting to and from those unsealed roads).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My screen extender is a different design from your one. It has two attachment points instead of one. I hope it will be up to the task, but if it breaks, I will do what you have done and get the one-piece larger screen that you have. Two of my Versys-X-riding mates have the same screen, so that's what I will get if my extension shits itself and goes south.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts