Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rant on.............:guilty:

How about the supporting vendors on this forum actually post some good deals. Maybe a group buy on something we could all use.

I'm NOT including RidersDiscount since they are a good example of what I would consider a "supporting vendor". Never bought from them but they are on the right track.

Seems like the rest of them just recycle a post that I can find in every other bike forum. Standard prices, no interaction, rarely respond to a question.

I suppose they are paying the bills but I would be more loyal to a place that actually made me a deal once in a while instead of just dropping spam advertisements in every forum I visit.

Rant off.:D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
To be fair- I'd point out that this forum is an INVALUABLE resource for Versys owners, and a very well monitored and maintained one at that. Last I checked my monthly membership bill is REALLY tolerable. It is also not free to host and administer such a site; so my take is that the ads are a necessary evil. The sponsor forum posts are innocuous so far as I'm concerned; and when I don't feel like being advertised to, I just don't click. That said- I think the point about RiderDiscount is a valid one, though I feel it's more a case of them going above and beyond and probably seeing increased sales versus the other sponsors as a result. I'd imagine when the other guys see Discount doing so well via the forum they'll take notice and perhaps adapt their stratagem... Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just ordered an AFX helmet from Riders Discount. Better price than one of the other site advertisers. And they were really good to deal with on the phone. Just waiting for delivery now.

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
To be fair- I'd point out that this forum is an INVALUABLE resource for Versys owners, and a very well monitored and maintained one at that. Last I checked my monthly membership bill is REALLY tolerable. It is also not free to host and administer such a site; so my take is that the ads are a necessary evil. The sponsor forum posts are innocuous so far as I'm concerned; and when I don't feel like being advertised to, I just don't click. That said- I think the point about RiderDiscount is a valid one, though I feel it's more a case of them going above and beyond and probably seeing increased sales versus the other sponsors as a result. I'd imagine when the other guys see Discount doing so well via the forum they'll take notice and perhaps adapt their stratagem... Just my 2 cents.
x 2....

:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts