Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you Versys owners.... Motard riders? I just did a track day at Adams Kart Track in so cal.. on my new too me 2005 KTM 450 SMR supermoto...wow...:yeahsmile: so this profound idea popped into my head as I stare at my Versys and I stare at my KTM....I wish I could slip my Versys 650 motor into the KTM frame...:interesting: someday :badidea: anyway..please share some of your supermoto adventures if you have any...here she is... $2500 craigslist deal..:cheers:Malcolm..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I am on the hunt for one myself. Not to race, but as a beater around town. From all the reading I have done, they seem like fun machines.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I converted a XR650R to supermoto and it is so much fun it should be illegal. The bike has been bullet proof even though it is fairly modded. Not nearly as smooth as the Versys but I love the ragged edge of the bike. I am not a racer, just a hooligan. By the way, mine is completely street legal.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Had a Honda Helix (250cc scooter) that I used for commuting to work. I had been working in downtown Boston, a five mile commute. I figured I'd toughen it up a bit, so, remembering how much fun I had in the dirt with my Honda Elsinore, I sold the HH and bought a used 1997 KTM 620 RXC. I converted it to supermoto with 17 inch rims. Now I'm riding like an idiot (insane laugh included), over curbs and up sidewalks and grass embankments. Anything to get around traffic. Before I wound up in trouble plus the fact that it had no storage (the Helix has a trunk) I decided to sell it. I bought another HH, came out a few hundred bucks ahead, have a story to tell and still have my license. The End.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had the opportunity to flog a CCM SuperMoto around Highway 9 near Santa Cruz a few years back.

It was easily the most fun I've ever had riding a motorcycle. Also the most painful. At the end of the day I was sore, windblown and beaten up, but it was a blast.

It was strange, you sorta "throw down" a Supermoto into a turn as opposed to the way you ride traditional streetbikes. At least, that was my take on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Back in 1999 I bought an XR600 and began converting it over to a supermoto back when it was little known in the US. I sold it 9 years later wanting a better commuter before buying the Versys......and been looking for a street legal XR650R ever since. Keep hoping to see something like a Yamaha WR450X or revamped SR-Z450SM to show up. Definitely the most fun I've had in over 25 years of riding and hope to add another to the stable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts