Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a quality pair of summer gauntlet style gloves. Good protection is most important to me, followed by price.

Anyone have any suggestions for a) brand/model and b) where to buy them?

I searched the site and only came across threads that were a few years old, or at least that's all my tired eyes saw.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Good question. I've been in that market and haven't found the magic solution yet. Klim and Held have interesting offerings north of $200. Eeek!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not a summer glove but I've been using my Firstgear Carbon heated gloves (minus the power of course). 102 degrees and I was fine.

They are thin enough to be a viable all year round glove. Also nice when the temperatures fluctuate. I went into work at 55 degrees and came home boiling in my gear at 98 degrees. Hands were pretty much all that wasn't drenched in sweat.

I got mine at bikebandit.com for about 158$

·
Registered
670 Posts
no gauntlets, but i've been riding with these A* gloves for the past week. they are comfy, well-built and seem nearly as protective as my old road racer gauntlets, but are far cooler.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Held Air Hero Gloves. I'm using mine currently on a 5500 mile jaunt around the country... It's been as high as 110 degrees over multiple days and the gloves are just what the doctor ordered. ($129)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been riding with HELD Airstreams for 3 months now in the FL heat - they flow a ton of air (have panty hose-like mesh between the fingers) and offer decent protection (Kevlar liner and hard knuckle protection). When you release the grip and spread your fingers, even slightly - there is a blast of cool air that pushes through the glove.

·
Registered
873 Posts
HI Racefan, Timely topic, I'm in the market too now since I somehow mis-placed (lost) my summer gloves a few weeks ago. I have finally given up the search and now am researching what to buy next. I'm looking at these "Cortech Latigo RR Gloves" at Revzilla. I have a pair or Cortech Scarabe gloves for winter and the are really nice for a sub $100 pair of gloves. Have you found anything interesting yet?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Good Guy HeldUSA

My Held Air Hero gloves that I remarked about on up the page worked just fine for my cross-country adventure back in July... but two or three weeks ago I noticed that there were some spots where the stitching was deteriorating. Since they were brand new at the end of May 2012 ($129) I was concerned.
I contacted HeldUSA and they asked me to send them for evaluation and/or repair.
I got an Email from HeldUSA this morning telling me that they were unhappy with the quality of the gloves I received from them (I ordered on-line directly from HeldUSA).
They do not manufacture the Held Air Hero anymore. It has been replaced by the Held Agadir ($159). HeldUSA is sending me a new pair of Held Adadir gloves.
Win!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts