Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tragic news today in the world of flying bugs

Untold numbers of cute little butterflies seemingly put themselves in harm's way to their own
demise. No one knows why this happens, but it appears to occur often when mixed with high
speed shenanigans from these guys:

Who have been known to frequent places like this:

And this:

Usually found near places like this:

More scoundrels, though not known associates of the original two:

The friendly, harmless creatures were probably trying to reach their safe haven thought to be
located in this general area:

Some of the casualties:
(WARNING! Graphic photos to follow!)

And it appears as though there are casualties on both sides...

Which lends credence to the old saying, "Life is like riding down the highway. Sometimes you're
the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"...

Sources say the broken pieces found near the road were from various perpetrators, not the
original two from our story.

That is all...

:D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, & those guys were probably out just to enjoy the beautiful day, just like us. It rained Friday & it's raining today, so we got lucky yesterday...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice prose and pics Bear...Those kinda look like the relatives of the one that kamakazi'd through my open faceshield and halfway up my snaz...:eek:

·
Registered
575 Posts
That does not look like the Texas I've been to (DFW) and up to the pan handle. Nice ride.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Poor bugs! What a touching tale.... If it makes anyone feel any better though... I can honestly say that at one point this summer, my versys was decked out in bug splatter from at least 10 different states!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If those are Monarch butterflies, and I think they are, they migrate all the way back too South America. Well some of them anyway.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts