Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
"No one was here" Schools back in, all the squids have homework to do. I guess it would be safe to say any weekend I come up there I'll find you, eventually. ;) I just wish it wasn't a friggin 2hr ride on the slab just to get there. 285 & 400 scare me, well the people on it do. :mad:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
That would have been me! I saw you twice on 60 this morning. I know, I was going way too slow...new rider (six weeks). 60 is an awesome ride except for the stretch that they haven't repaved...I hate all that tar!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would have been me! I saw you twice on 60 this morning. I know, I was going way too slow...new rider (six weeks). 60 is an awesome ride except for the stretch that they haven't repaved...I hate all that tar!

I could tell you were new at it but the more you ride the better you will get. At least you have enough knowledge to know to stay at a pace that you can handle. Next time you come up let me know and I will slow down and let you follow my lines and give you a few pointers. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I keep finding myself looking down instead of where I want to go when riding the twisties. I was really just trying to stay out of the way of the faster bikes while I practiced. Still a bit cautious going into blind curves, since I am not sure I would know how to handle it if I got in too hot.

But the weather was awesome!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once I get into a corner I start thinking about the next corner. Just remember if you get in to hot the front brake will stop you just add a little back brake. Back brake by it's self will slide and most likely crash. All those black marks on the hi-way is where people got excited and hit the back brake. Just one straight line right into the bank. Me if I get in to hot I never even think about brakes. My motto is hit the gas and try to ride it out. Some times I will pump the brake one time and release and then try and maintain that pace. I do low side every now and then but that is better then hitting a bank or going off of a bluff. I just turn loose of the bike and watch her slide. :D I am trying to slow down. Looks like it might be working. :thumb:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am not sure I would know how to handle it if I got in too hot.
I asked my cousin Sam that question one time. His answer was "lean that son-of-a-bitch over more." I have since had the opportunity to use that advice and it works.

·
Registered
418 Posts
How was Dale?

How are your family members doing? I felt like a dumbass for not asking this morning. :(
He is looking better! Not to worry...I was riding to get away from all of that for a couple of hours any way. Sam is doing OK. He has more surgery tomorrow. Mary on the other hand is minute to minute. I'm expecting a call at any second.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Guys, thanks for the advise! Hooligan, best wishes to you and your family!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I was supposed to be up there today but I got selected for bartender duty at a wedding last night. Slept until noon almost! Wish I could have been there to witness Mountainriders ridiculous flow!

·
Registered
167 Posts
"No one was here" Schools back in, all the squids have homework to do.
Some of us had to finish making rosters, seating charts, textbook signout forms, and putting together vocabulary answer keys... :)

It was a beautiful day, but I didn't finish my "homework" until 3:30pm. But at least I got 150 miles in yesterday.

Keep putting rubber down on 60. Those pavement snakes need some grip!
d

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
How many deer did you see? I saw three on the way from Dahlonega to Morganton. One was in the road.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There has been a lot of deer moving about in north Ga. ,if you come up you need to pay attention. One thing I have noticed is that the deer really seem to haul ass when they hear the Versys coming. It must make some kind of noise that they do not like. It is the first motorcycle that I have ever had that had this kind of affect on animals. Another good reason to own one. :thumb:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Must do the same thing with bears too. One ran across the road right in front of me on 180 about a month ago. You talk about having your nads in your throat!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Must be the buzzing dash that keeps the deer on their toes!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.