Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode up there on Friday and just got home. Two Wheels of Suches | Motorcycle Campground & Lodge in Suches, Georgia

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Packed up and ready to hit the road shortly after dawn. Figured out a route that kept me on mostly backroads while also avoiding larger towns and cities.

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Motorcycle

The “avoid dirt roads” feature on the Garmin GPS is a joke.
Cloud Plant Sky Road surface Tree

Stopped to take a photo just before the curvy part. There is seldom a place to safely pull over to capture the curves.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Window Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Building Window

Pulled up to the lodge after riding 250 miles of backroads, and then went to settle in at the camping cabin.

The area is known for paved and unpaved roads through the mountains.
There are 6 mountain gaps to concur and the Smoky Mountain 500 off-road ride which Suches is one off the overnight stays for those that are riding it.
The 6 gap ride is popular among road bicyclists, but also fun on a motorcycle.

The Smoky Mountain 500 riders staying at TWO ranged from dual sports to Himalayans to the big adventure bikes.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Some of the bikes seen on Saturday.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Cloud Water Sky Plant Mountain

Above is the lake across the street from TWO.

Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Land vehicle

It is difficult to find places to stop and enjoy the views Anyone who has ridden in the southeast mountains knows how dense the forests are and unless overlooks are created the views come in small glimpses.

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

The backroads in GA must have the same speed limit as the main roads because the GPS just kept wanting me on gravel roads LOL! Some of the downhills were treacherous on a street bike, and the up hills threatened to activate the traction control.

Wheel Photograph Motor vehicle Window Vehicle

Saw this cool mural on my way home I think it was in Jasper, GA I had to stand in the road to take the photo, so thankful there wasn’t much Sunday traffic through town.

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Old and unique barns make for interesting subject matter for photos with my bikes.

Cloud Tire Plant Wheel Sky

As does historic train depots.

Cloud Sky Plant Wheel Water

An overlook of the Tennessee River.

The food at the lodge restaurant was very tasty. I had a Tuna on wheat for lunch and a chicken philly salad for dinner there.
Food Tableware Ingredient Sandwich Recipe

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Cuisine

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
666 Posts
Added to my list ... just a couple of hours a way !

Thanks !

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
666 Posts
Added the rest of the story.
How many people "heard" that with Paul Harvey's voice ? I sure did -- and it just added even more value to the whole post !

I also love the food pics. Food is definitely a major part of any trip I take (bike/plane/train/car/bipedal locomotion/etc)

Reactions: twowheeladdict
1 - 7 of 7 Posts