Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to Sturgis, SD this year, me and a couple other riders are going. We are only going for the first two days of the event, then more riding. I was just wondering if anyone else has been there or is planning on going there this year(on a V)?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unless you already have a room booked be prepared to camp. Traffic will be gridlocked. Forget about having fun on the twisties. It is a great place to people watch though. It's fun to sit by the roadside (any road - there will be 500,000 bikes) and watch the parade.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had to go there a few months back for work. That place is a dump. The rally is all they have.
I was there in late May. I agree that Sturgis is a dump. Deadwood is full of slot machines. As well, during the main event, there'll be too many cruisers that can't get out of their own way, too much liquor, and a lot of skin with hail damage.:eek: Shudder...

But, the roads are really great. Do ride all over the Black Hills. It's really pretty.

Peter

·
Registered
365 Posts
i was there in 03' for the rally.....your gona be camping as there are no hotels available i'm sure......find a smaller campground, more family oriented...i stayed at the Glencoe campground ( a dump!!) loud and dirty all day and night..slept with ear plugs in...crowds are horrible and so is the traffic..it's a pretty part of the country but you cant really enjoy it while riding due to the fact there are so many bikers, many of them drunk from the night before....if you were able to go through that area prior to the rally or right after you'll have a better time..if your going for the event..you've been warned :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts