Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've had a very strong smell of gasoline whenever the V is on. I've pulled the sidecovers and stuck my face in there to no avail. Anyone else had this issue?

- S
:huh:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yea I've smelled gas from time to time. I have assumed it is vappor from the expansion of gas during the warm weather.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea I've smelled gas from time to time. I have assumed it is vappor from the expansion of gas during the warm weather.
Same here, and it doesn't have to be warm weather. I also occasionally hear a high pitch whine from the tank while parked. It all has to do with the vapor leaking out of the filler. It's a feature, is it not? :D

Peter

·
Registered
315 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but thought I would jump in here. This past week we had several days over 100 degrees and my V has developed this smell. I assume it is just from fuel expansion but if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
19,777 Posts
It is normal, it is the gas venting due to expansion. Don't worry about it.
Just DON'T (ahem) fire-up a smoke.... :forgetit:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lately I've had a very strong smell of gasoline whenever the V is on. I've pulled the sidecovers and stuck my face in there to no avail. Anyone else had this issue?
Yes Steve08, I had the same problem with me, but I have read this all of the stuff and I finally got the little idea that what should I do. Now hopefully I will be solve my problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts