Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2018 model and from the first time I started it, I hear the whirling noise of the engine, like a cricket or a whistle. I hear it only at low RPM (max 4000 rpm), if i go over 4000 rpm so the sound almost disappear and the engine start to roar. I have the doubt that it's could not be normal, is it?

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
I don't recall ever hearing something like you describe, but I've been riding the V650 for the past 10 years, so MAYBE I just forgot.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall ever hearing something like you describe, but I've been riding the V650 for the past 10 years, so MAYBE I just forgot.
This is the sound I'm talking about: https://streamable.com/cdrfo

I hear it when I'm run too and at low RPM, when I'm going over 4000 rpm it almost disappear since the engine start to roar more

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

I hear it when I'm run too and at low RPM, when I'm going over 4000 rpm it almost disappear since the engine start to roar more

My 2015 sounds exactly like yours. I believe that this is normal.:)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Only thing I could hear in that recording was the perfectly normal primary gear whine which has been around since my first Kawi Z1in 1973.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It'll smooth out some as it breaks in... How many miles are on it now, and has the original oil been replaced already? Some of the whistling sound is attributable to stock catalyzed muffler as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It'll smooth out some as it breaks in... How many miles are on it now, and has the original oil been replaced already? Some of the whistling sound is attributable to stock catalyzed muffler as well.
I have 1.200km i already changed the oil :)
anyway, it seems to be normal, good :) and i like it, it reminds me the sound of the aspiration in a turbo engine :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have 1.200km i already changed the oil :)
anyway, it seems to be normal, good :) and i like it, it reminds me the sound of the aspiration in a turbo engine :D
Exactly. I hear the same in my 2018 Versys. It's normal.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm almost deaf (according to my wife) so I'm not going to be any help. On the other hand you shouldn't have mentioned this "cricket" on the forum.......now everyone will want one.
Ahahah :D trust me, the sound is clear even if you are deaf, if you understand what sound I mean ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts

Sounds EXACTLY the same as my '15 650 does, as well as my '08 (and '09 BEFORE it 'died'...).

·
Registered
336 Posts
I usually hate it when people agree with the other 4700 people that agree with something, but I'll break that rule in this instance.

This noise is normal. Get used to the noise the bike makes, because a few thousand miles down the road you'll be able to hear when something DOESN'T sound right. THAT's when you worry.

Not now. the magic line is when the warranty ends. Warranty on: OK. Warranty ended: worry.
That's my normal mode of operation. Yours may vary.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I usually hate it when people agree with the other 4700 people that agree with something, but I'll break that rule in this instance.

This noise is normal. Get used to the noise the bike makes, because a few thousand miles down the road you'll be able to hear when something DOESN'T sound right. THAT's when you worry.

Not now. the magic line is when the warranty ends. Warranty on: OK. Warranty ended: worry.
That's my normal mode of operation. Yours may vary.
it's a good suggestion. Excuse me guys if i make stupid question, but i have no experience with bikes and this is my first one, so i prefer to make a question, instead of keep the doubts

1 - 20 of 32 Posts