Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hy everyone,
Recently got V650, 2019 with 14 000km, I just started to notice some clicking and strange sounds when I turn the ignition OFF.
Here is video: Test
Is something wrong or something starting to go off slowly or hopefuly something normal?
Second question about starting motorcycle, engine is reving itself(not much, but noticable), it goes up and down until I would say is warm, after short ride its perfect.. Im new to any motorcycle so I dont realy know anything about them (except basic knowledge of how everything works together).
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts
Cold the V650 starts and goes into a HIGH idle, which reduces after a minute or so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply both.
Provide more info on the first sound when you switch off.
Dont really know what may be informational.
Engine shuts off normaly, but when I turn ignition off then those sounds start. Also if I turn ignition ON and back OFF without starting the engine, same clicking happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really sure. I bought the bike a month ago. Maybe it was from start, but cant 100% say. I was wandering if the problem was when I turn of engine via side stand and then turn ignition off, but today I tried turning off the engine by turning the key and same happend..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure if this is helpful, but my 2017 has always made this noise when I turn the key ON -- during the instrument sweep. I bought the bike new in 2018, it's always run fantastically, and I've never had an electrical issue. Even when I've taken it to the dealership for service and they've theoretically turned the key and heard this sound, they don't indicate that there's an issue. I would think that, if there's a way to make money on a repair, they'd bring it up. (shrug) For that reason, I've always assumed it was a normal sound of the bike and part of the instrument sweep. I've never noticed the sound when turning the key off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a few moments ago saw your comment on old thread 😁 Findig a lot of videos where something like this happens when turning ingnition ON, and apparently it is some sub throtle body check, perfecfly normal, but what is worrying to me is that there should no be any sound (except fan noise) when turning ignition OFF..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is another video, first I turn ignition ON, and everything seems normal to me, then turn ignition OFF and these sounds start. As I can see, something is defenetly happening with throthle body, but seems like sound is comming from somwhere else(not really sure...)
Here is the video: V650 ignition on off

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds like a relay fluttering. But which relay? Or is it the evaps thingy?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Isn't this servo re-adjusting itself for some reason? I first realized my 2020 Versys is making same sounds after installing relay for 12V outlet and again after winter but it's gone since then. I need to schedule 12K km check so I'll definitely ask mechanics about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same here, going to do oil and filters service next week and will check this also. I called mechanic, he said it is normal, nothing to worry about, apparently some shut-off sequence. Anyhow he will take a look when I drop off bike. I will post here what he says after service. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pozdrav Sarma96 :)

This is totaly normal sound.
I have 2018 model V650 which I buy brand new with 1 km on ODO meter. And he make that sound since day 1 when you turn key to OFF.

·
Administrator
8,333 Posts
Well . if its normal across a few members here then it should be normal. I know my 09 does the check in sound when i switch On but not off. All is dead when I switch off. Never seen a bike with switch off check sound.

Will keep on eye and ear on this. keep posted if anything crops up. Thanks for all the input guys. Stay safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts