Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
In college I had a Kawasaki EX500 with a Vance & Hines "muffler". It was so loud, it would wake the dead. I would imagine a Versys with no muffler would be as loud as an F1 car (and not in a good quality tone way).

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yea...I did it when my home brew muffler broke off at 75 MPH on the highway...I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone tried riding their V with the muffler removed?
hell yeah, I really can't stand how quiet stock is... I would down shift too early... its really not too loud. The only reason I put it back on before I got my two bros. was because I was still breaking it in and I was paranoid that the lack of back pressure might not be good... anyway there are TONS of bikes that are straight pipped, is it legal? is speeding legal? It all depends on the cop, if your not revving in front of him at a light you could go years before you ever got noticed... if not ever...
you'll have those that disagree with this but I figure if you don't make a big deal out of it a big deal won't become of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought I would start up the engine without the muffler before I put on the cherry bomb. It was so loud, the neighbours across the street freaked out. The second time, I was on my way into work and the muffler separated from the header. Man, it was so loud, I had to park the bike a 1/4 mile from the office and walk in. The cherry bomb is loud enough to wake up the driver in front you who is sleeping at light or on her cell phone, yet does not arouse an undesired interest from the police.

Cheers

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not too loud on a dessert highway is different from riding in the suburbs. Sound is a wave, if it has nothing to bounce off (the desert) it may not seem too loud. If there are houses, buildings and trees around, its a different story.

I just wish the gov't would let cars/bikes be a little louder so they could tune the exhaust for just a little more volume and better tonal quality. Then, perhaps, fewer people would feel the need to get loud pipes. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts