Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my bike in right! Here is a video of me riding the new V on some backroads where I live. She has had a proper Baptisim now.

Title:Stormy Ride

http://www.youtube.com/user/Thump52

Hope you like the music.

I am putting my new Caribou bags and Baldwin seat on tommorrow. They are on the UPS truck today and I am just waiting for them to arrive.

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
8 Min and 41sec of good ride, good scenic views and a good video. Many thanks for sharing.:thumb:

:cheers:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to change the music. Evidently, "Riders on the Storm" is owned by WMG and they did not like me using it in my video.
I am uploading a different soundtrack (until I figure that one out), but keeping with the Biker Theme. Hope you enjoy it as well.

THanks for all the nice comments. I am a closet videographer.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
very smoooooth video.
what kind of mount and camera did you use?
Great stuff.
Please....do tell.:thumb:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Using the GoPro HD camera. All I can say is it takes incredible video. It is waterproof too. Trust me, I tested it! In fact, the video and sound quality is even better under water. I just mount it on the windshield using their mount. It has a sticky tape that won't come off.

The "Stormy Ride" video is mounted on a Buell Blast single cylinder. She is only 5' and loves that bike. In fact, she holds the record for most miles on one. I really did'nt think it would work, as those bikes shake like a rock pounder. The bike smooths out at speed so I guess it worked out.

Get the camera! You won't regret it. Also, takes pics and wide angle.
Let me know when you get some Youtubes up.

Here is a wide angle example:

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
My V had it's first stormy ride a few days ago too. Was riding in PA when the skies just started to gather dark clouds. It started coming down before I could even find a place to park and put my rain jacket on. Riding in the rain is oddly satisfying and peaceful though. I've had my fair share of stormy rides before, and as as long as it doesn't hale, I can enjoy myself just as much as on any other day. But especially when there aren't a lot of cars on the road.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I absolutely agree with you! Taking a ride on a day like that in the video, is cathartic. I like the rain, and I like the wind. I just don't like the rain with the wind. I will pull over and take a break if it gets that bad.

I remember being blown across the road in Missouri and Oklahoma. They get some serious wind blast there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts