Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Everyone... I have been waiting since the 2015 remodel, to get a versys. I started on a 1500 drifter. Then moved to a ktm 450exc. Then to a pumped up XR400 tricked out. Then to a BMW 800 GS. Then to a XR650R plated. N now have my versys 650. Along with my XR's I kept. Picked up a 2015 with 13k for $3500. It was dropped a few times by the previous owner. Was on the coast n has some surface rust. So she was a little beaten up N neglected in her first couple years. But mechanically she is sound! She now has a good home with a caring owner. I am very excited to learn from you guys. N maybe find a few new things here to start transforming my ugly duckling. Took her out for a good break in today. Can't believe I waited this long!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a hour S of SAC. N a hour E of SF.. In Manteca... Thanks, I thought it was a steal. I was looking at a couple different versys 1000's. There was a smoking deal on a 16 1000 with 550 miles on it for $8500. That ended up selling today. At what I paid for mine. I might make it an explorer ADV machine. N keep her an ugly duckling n commute her. Then wait for another good deal on another 1000. N that can be my nice bike..

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Picked up a 2015 with 13k for $3500. It was dropped a few times by the previous owner. So she was a little beaten up N neglected in her first couple years. But mechanically she is sound! She now has a good home with a caring owner.
Sounds familiar. My green 2015 had 11k on the clock and had been dropped (guy had short legs) a couple of times. Had to replace one plastic side panel, repair the other side. Straiten the clutch lever, shift lever, and rear brake lever.

Paid $4000 for it.

What color did you get?

Where in Nor Cal are you at?

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
:welcome: from SoCal....I have a 16 V-1K Great Bike...

P1020319 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the white. You are a lucky man.. That Kawi green does not seem to leave to many owners.
I have 2 plastics to replace n blinkers (MAYBE). It is like $500 for new OEM parts. Think I will watch Ebay N get the burnt orange or get the black N dip them Kawi green? Something to make it different. Or leave it busted up. That also makes it different. As most would want it to be pretty n repaired. I just mostly want to have fun n ride. Any one have a cheap alternative for the front lower shroud replacement?

·
Registered
363 Posts
3500 is an absolute steal on a 2015. I've never seen a used 3rd gen for less than 6500.

The previous owner of mine dropped it at low speed once, it was his first bike. I ended up having to replace a footpeg due to the prior owner, but just left the scraped up lower and side trim piece in place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts