Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been discussed, but I tried mounting my windshield using only the bottom holes in the shield and the top holes in the mounts. It's plenty sturdy and works pretty well, though it does look a bit strange. Has anyone else tried it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
No, but I drilled additional holes in my screen to get a higher mount. I run my stock screen upside down and drilled the holes lower on it in that configuration.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I drilled the new ones using the same spacing as the existing holes. I haven't had a chance to test the results yet.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Personally, I would NOT try mounting my 'shield by only using 2 bolts. Tho' it MIGHT look sturdy, I believe it will fracture/ break near those 2 bolts, as it's not properly supported. :goodluck:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally, I would NOT try mounting my 'shield by only using 2 bolts. Tho' it MIGHT look sturdy, I believe it will fracture/ break near those 2 bolts, as it's not properly supported. :goodluck:
Actually, it snugs up against the mount and the load is mostly on the rubber grommet, not on the plastic. I doubt it would be a problem, but I would only mount it like that for testing purposes anyway. If I decided to leave it in that position, I would drill the extra holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts