Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've purchased a Versys with original sidecases from Kawasaki. According to Kawasaki, the additional (original) topcase cannot be used in combination with the original sidecases.

Is there a top-kit available, that can be used while using the original sidecases?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think the problem is related to concern about overloading the bike and causing the sub-frame to fail. Most likely, you would be fine. However, there is more caution in the USA due to the litigious nature of society.

Perhaps a soft-bag bungeed on when needed is a good compromise?

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Twohoots....your bike looks great. I like the way it is set up. Can you list what accessories you added and where you purchased them?

thanks Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi,

thanks for the replies. I've followed Twohoots setup and purchased the Givi set. Haven't used it in combination with the sidecases (yet) but will post the results soon as I have. Looking at things, it'll be sweet'n dandy.

Twohoots, thanks a lot. Would be interested also to hear what handlebar-protector (for wind only?) you have setup, i'm interested to get a set of those.
EDIT: I read here ( http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=59&page=2 ) that it's KTM, will go and visit the dealer.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Handguards

Hi Dhessalink
Glad my reply was of help hope the project goes ok.The Givi top rack is a tight fit with the Kawa pannier racks,my suggestion is to fit all parts first,loosley, then tighten all bolts,not much room for spanners but it does work.

Handguards are KTM enduro in black,easy to fit ,search on ebay (uk) for them,also plenty of links on UK forum and plenty of others have fitted them.

I have fitted an ermax rear hugger and a fender extender all purchased on line.

Two stebel air horns,plenty loud, wired through a relay(essential)purchased from local auto store.

The Vario windscreen,low gel seat and the panniers came with the bike (free!!!) as part of the deal.

Also fitted a home made GPS and camera mount on the instrument panel behind the windscreen.

good luck
Twohoots

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi dhesselink

Ok then,you found my earlier post re the handguards,I had forgotton.Important point about the bar ends!

Twohoots

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.