Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my Versys and have just been riding around my apartment complex waiting for the salt and sand to get washed off the roads. Ive had two separate people tell me that they thought they heard a four wheeler driving around. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

·
Registered
481 Posts
is it a rattle? or is it just the parallel twin big bang motor sound?

When left piston (#1) is at TDC, right piston (#2) is at BDC at 180 degrees of crankshaft rotation ahead of #1, so when one piston is all the way up, the other one is all the way down... Cylinder #2 fires 180 degrees after cylinder #1. It's a four stroke engine, so piston #1 has to travel back up (180 degrees), back down (180 degrees), than back up (180 degrees), for a total of 540 degrees crankshaft rotation for #1 to fire after #2.

So in effect, you get a "Bang, Bang, .... , .... , Bang, Bang, .... , .... , Bang, Bang, .... , .... ," and so on.
Crankshaft Degrees: ....... 0---180----------------540---180----------------540---180-------------
This thread covers the unique sound along with some good explanations from Invader and others :thumb:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23154

·
Registered
805 Posts
Even with an aftermarket exhaust I have been told the same about this motor. Honestly I agree, and don't mind it one bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts