Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my stock muffler back on my bike. I had the dealer install a two brother exhaust and now I am putting the stock pipe back on. The problem is since I didn,t take it off I am not sure exactly how it is suppost to be mounted.

I loosened the header bolts the header slides in place nicely. The stock bolts and spacers are confusing it would appear they don,t fit no matter what combination I try.

Does anyone have any pics of the stock muffler set up. It would appear it is a little more difficult to put the stock muffler bolts back in place There parts I have don,t seem to fit. It is a little like a rubex cube.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone would be kind enought to snap a few picks of there stock pipe from side to side and underneath that would be fantastic.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't have an opportunity to photograph it just yet, but it's not overly complex.

You should have 2 bolts and washers/nuts. One long, about 15cm or something, and one shorter, maybe 5cm.

Behind the footpeg you will see 2 holes which were probably used to support the 2 bros as well.
The shorter bolt goes through the front hole and the muffler's front mounting hole.
The longer bolt goes through the second hole and all the way across to be tightened on the other side behind the chain.

I have an Arrow on the scoot right now but I'll try and take pics if you can't get it sorted.

edit

Just went out and looked at the old muffler.
On top of it are the two flanges with a tube in between them. The short bolt will go through the bare hole in the right flange, the long bolt goes all the way through the tube.
You'll probably have to remove the right footpeg to get at the mounting bolts. I hung mine with a bungee strap to keep it from harming the brake line.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have three washers that have rubber in the middle which don,t appear to be able to fit between my stock exhaust bracket and the mounting bracket on the bike. Where are the rubber washers used?

I don,t have any other washers I am not sure if the dealership lost them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A picture says a thousand words, these washer/ rubber must come apart or something? I will take a look

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you the picture saved me I didn,t know that washer came apart they were in the box together, that did the trick.

Thank you very much!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Armcphail,
So what are you planning to do with the Two Brothers exhaust you took off of your bike? Did you sell it or are you planning to?

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Stlee29.
Good one man and very thoughtfull to help out V members. As for me, my bike is under cover and I am locked up in some hotel room in Singapore waiting to return home to my bike.
See you soon bro.
Fastoman

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am having a similar problem. I am trying to put the stock pipe back on and I keep destroying the gasket and the i think my header is a little short. Does any one have picks of the header where it would meet up with the muffler without the muffler on there. Also how would i get the muffler gasket back on? Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
hudson,
I had my exhaust apart to change the gasket this summer. I did it by taking the header pipes off (leaving the silencer in place) and it went back together fairly easily that way, no damage to the gasket. Maybe give that a try.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Stock exhaust header collector outlet is not flared out. It measures 42 mm outer diameter and 40 mm inner diameter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts