Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...Just cleared the corner of the garage where my Versy has been hiding in for the past two years. New tires, battery and fresh brake fluid and she is ready to ride! The plastic parts on the mirrors are cracked (they apparently were not dimensionally stable). My local dealer says there has been no bulletin re the '09 mirrors and I noticed the 2012 Versy they have on the sales floor has much nicer metal mirrors. I have a year left on my GTPP extended warranty but the service guy says the mirrors are 'considered a wear item.' Anyone else have mirror issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had the same thing happen to one of the mirrors on my '09. They're crap to begin with, so I scored myself some Triumph oval stem mirrors (as seen on the Tiger 1050 and Speed/Street Triple). I highly recommend them, but people have also had great luck with '10+/Z1000 units.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My left mirror cracked in the same place on my '09, from nothing more than regular use and adjustment. Eventually I dinged that one up in a 0 mph drop. I rode for a season with cheap aftermarkets before buying a new used L mirror from a forum member.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
A wear item??? Batteries and tires wear but I've never heard of a mirror "wearing." Do they leak electricity or shed rubber? Amazing!

Still, the OEM mirrors are, as one person said, crap and mostly good for examining your shoulders. I replaced mine with KTM 990 Super Duke mirrors and like them a lot. Others have replaced with Aprilia Tuono mirrors and seem to like them as well. Either way you'll end up with much better mirrors that won't "wear."

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts

·
Registered
7,979 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Invader, does the view blur due to vibration? Looking a tad small, is the coverage sufficient?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I already had minimal mirror vibration, thanks to my Tag Metals tapered aluminum handlebar. My CNC 'Tomok' mirrors are entirely made of aluminum which further reduces transmitted vibration. They are smaller, but with as much reach as original mirrors, and with a wider peripheral view. (More convex-Objects in mirrors appear smaller still than in original mirrors)... I'll try to get a photo soon. I also love the texture on the mirror casing which matches my Seat Concept 'carbon' seat cover. They're also very slipstream and more aerodynamic. Beautiful quality throughout.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts