Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have had my 2014 Kawasaki Versys for about 6 months now. I have recently done and oil change and for some reason a couple of days after that, the transmission started to become sticky. It would lever would usually get stuck at second whenever I'm coming to a stop and would not spring back up for me to further shift down to first. Has anyone else has a similar issue and is it because of the oil change or completely unrelated? The issue usually goes away once the bike is fully warmed and running. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have recently done and oil change and for some reason a couple of days after that, the transmission started to become sticky.
The first rule of troubleshooting? Ask. "What has changed"?

You have answered your own question. Use the same oil you used the first time or a different one to the one you used this time and the same spec as it says in the manual.

·
Registered
2013 v650
323 Posts

Whole post on the shifter not returning to the center position preventing the next down shift. My 2013 did it intermittently, especially while doing multiple down shift coming to a stop. A little lube and no more problems.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It is unlikely that shifter not returning has anything to do with oil change. even if you filled the bike with vegetable oil, the shifter should work the same. Not for long, because you would damage the engine:) in my not so experienced opinion, something in the linkage is the issue. you need to grease all the moving parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts