1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Excellent find Weljo - thanks. But what horrible effect is this clever don't-use-WD-40 trick likely to have on our good friend, Mr. WD-40, fasteddiecopeman?!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Whaaat? He put the nix on the beloved WD-40? Say it ain't so Batman! Fast Eddie will probably cancel his subscription to Motor Cyclist magazine. Great tip, thanks weljo.

Reactions: onewizard

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
excellent find weljo - thanks. But what horrible effect is this clever don't-use-wd-40 trick likely to have on our good friend, mr. Wd-40, fasteddiecopeman?!
blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: onewizard

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've always used powdered graphite, since a locksmith told me that is the only lube to use in any switch/lock.
Didn't we have this discussion once before?

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
I've always used powdered graphite, since a locksmith told me that is the only lube to use in any switch/lock.
Didn't we have this discussion once before?

Ya but you didn't make a cool video :huh: you know a picture is worth a 1000 words, some have difficulty------ :stickpoke: ---------well you know :feedback:

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Cool Video should be in sticky

That is a very simple solution, that short video contains so much information---:goodidea::thanx:

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Can someone loan me a pencil? promise I won't hurt it. HEY TEACHER, I GOT MY PENCIL!!
That was a comment I received from someone a few minutes ago, who uses pencils nowadays, oh wait, we had kids, we could start a school supply outlet with all the pencils we have-

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It's a very good solution, but the key is going to be dirty like hell for a little while and you jacket/hand/glove/pocket will suffer !

LOP

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
My writing utensils have to have that delete feature on the opposite end.
That is why we have so many, the delete feature kept wearing out.

:frown2:

Then came along those delete only portable ones that kept getting lost :funnypost: Please don't talk about electric typewriters:badidea::type::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is your professional opinion on Houdini 4 way lock
lubricant? Thanks for your input.

Seems it didn't work for Houdini....>:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is your professional opinion on Houdini 4 way lock
lubricant? Thanks for your input.
Never have used it, and I dont know a single other locksmith that does. I have seen it in the lock shops but I stay away from any kind of liquid. Clearances are so tight in locks I just dont trust anything that can "dry". I have never had a problem with powdered graphite, and it works instantly every time.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Graphite is very messy, and too good of a electrical conductor... Besides, pencil leads are made from a mixture of graphite and CLAY which is highly abrasive, clumps up with moisture and hardens.

Synthetic engine oil works well, and is recommended by major automotive manufacturers.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Pencil Lead Compositions:

Pencil Number-Graphite-Clay-Wax

9H 41% 53% 5%

8H 44% 50% 5%

7H 47% 47% 5%

6H 50% 45% 5%

5H 52% 42% 5%

4H 55% 39% 5%

3H 58% 36% 5%